super stock build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teapot

Reaction score
another build on the go... few pictures

i started with these
picture025m.jpg

picture001yt.jpg

managed to get hold of these super cheap
picture003iy.jpg

so i've gotten it all up to this over the last few days
picture002ou.jpg

picture020y.jpg

and this will be going into it once the paint and lacquer has hardened off
picture038ii.jpg

its the bottom end i'd originally bought and built for the BBR build. decided to leave this motor as a 4 speed semi auto and use another motor i have on the BBR.

feel free to comment :action-smiley-003:

Sweet build Chris'o..Man, its getting hard to keep up with all you got going on lol.

More pics :)

cheers dude, back at work for a few days at the moment but i'll be back on it asap! :bump2:

i'm struggling to keep up myself to be honest :cursing:

Coming along Nicely! Good to see another KLX Build going on ;)

How did you go about Painting the Frame/Swingarm? If its cost effective and holds up well Im Keen to do it on mine haha...any Info on Prep work and how you painted it would be Great!

Coming along Nicely! Good to see another KLX Build going on ;)

How did you go about Painting the Frame/Swingarm? If its cost effective and holds up well Im Keen to do it on mine haha...any Info on Prep work and how you painted it would be Great!

cheers dude, yeah klx's are the way forward!

to be honest this frame was a lot less work than the last, as it was already silver and i've done it silver again it was just a matter of totally stripping all the dirt and debris off it and going over the lot with degreaser. i cleaned up any rough spots and flattened out the whole frame with tack cloth. i touched up and treated any bare spots and gave the lot a coat of grey primer. then gave it several coats of the silver over an afternoon, left it at room temp for a day or so- lacquered it then back at room temp for a few days.

all i've used is hammerite primer and hammerite high gloss black on the swing arm and then silver for the main frame- its in an aerosol and sticks to more or less everything and is good and durable.

the main thing if you do it your self is to put as little paint on each coat as you can, lots of thin layers is better than a few thick ones. i managed to get away with one run on the under side of the swing arm.

the last build changing the frame from black to white was a lot more work!

thanks for the interest dude, i'll get some good close up pics in the sun tomorrow but the pictures really don't do justice to the finish :)

Looks good mate!

What colour scheme do you reckon you'll go, wit the plastics, wheels, etc?

Regards,
Carlton

Only just spotted this one, looking good mate!

I think half the reason people don't notice stuff from you is that it goes up on the site in the middle of the night for us ;)

Looks good mate!

What colour scheme do you reckon you'll go, wit the plastics, wheels, etc?

Regards,
Carlton
the wheels are going to be stock so silver rims with the grey hubs, as far as plastics and graphics i really havent a clue yet... any ideas?

Only just spotted this one, looking good mate!

I think half the reason people don't notice stuff from you is that it goes up on the site in the middle of the night for us ;)
cheers dude- thats fair, but does it only show in the new posts list for me then?lol the time difference confuses me haha

thanks for the comments guys :alc:

Looking good , what are mini aftermarket prices like over there , and is there much of a 2nd hand market ? you seem to always be getting good used **** lol .. over here you gotta sit on your computer 24/7 and wait for a half decent part to come up in classifieds / ebay etc.

Looking good , what are mini aftermarket prices like over there , and is there much of a 2nd hand market ? you seem to always be getting good used **** lol .. over here you gotta sit on your computer 24/7 and wait for a half decent part to come up in classifieds / ebay etc.

new after market prices are ridiculous most of the time, there's a couple of shops that sell the small parts at sensible prices but i use one in particular that helps me out a bit, the other shop i use i ride with the owner so thats cool too. its only really the motor/electrical parts i buy new so i know they're not shagged, the rest i either wont buy unless its mint or if its not bad i'll restore myself...

there is a really good used parts market though- especially at the moment when every one's selling cheap to make some money. i post quite a few wanted threads on forums i use and a lot of the parts i've used have been sat in the garage for months or left over from other builds.

cheers dude :food-smiley-005:

haha yeah it does!

i'm starting to think about plastics and graphics, will need to brake up the darker black and grey frame and bring some colour into it. any idea's?

Latest posts

Back