Suspension help please

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

140_addict

Reaction score
So this weekend at the track I started to push it and was hitting all the jumps and keeping up with my cousin pretty well.... my question is this....

My suspension is insanely stiff... some landings I make are rough and I almost feel lucky to have landed LOL

I don't even think it comes close to bottoming out when I land even from a decent jump, I have been considering a new rear shock and swinga simply becasue mine is cheap china stock equipment ..... Nitrogen Shock... Forks without any adjustments...

just a fill/bleed valve on the rear shock....

is there anything I could do for now to make it softer? at least so the decent jumps don't have to be so sketchy on landings?

could anyone recommend what setup I should have?

I'm about....

6' 0"
62.5 kg / 138 lbs
Track/Trail Ride (more track then trail)

thanks in advance

-Addict

Final Product before suspension work ( most likely new frame this winter ;) )

IMG00474.jpg

Last edited:
what sort of bike is it??

any other infor on the chinese rear shock???

if it is a chinese shock just spend the money and get a half descent one like a dnm or even an elka...

pics would be nice too

You could loosten off the nut on the rear shock to soften it a little short term, but yeah what dub said would be the best long term solution...

get a pic or two up mate, we might be able to better answer your question.

Looks like the same swinger as mine so prob very similar shock also..there i a little ajustment in mine, but another shock is on my shopping list.

Wayne

Last edited:
yep if youve only got chinese suspension the best thing to do is upgrade to some quality units like fast ace, DMN, GPX or elka..

im guessing your not running an a-style swing arm so you wont need a heavy spring in the rear (maybe 850lbs)

with what ever forks you buy there going to need to be dialed in to suit you, maybe change of oil and different oil height..

suspension tuning can be very hard to get right, but this is where test and tuning comes into it

Well as for the pics ill have to clean the shock a bit to make those worth it... lol.. its still a bit dirty from the track but didnt get too bad so i just garaged her.....

The bike itself used to be an Apollo ADR 125 when it was all stock.... and still pretty much is for frame, swingarm, and suspension.... its all cheap stuff... the whole bike brand new was around 800$

spend more time wrenching it then riding it.....

after I felt how soft and effortless my cousins CRF suspension was.... I knew mine was crap.... lol

i couldnt even find a name on the shock before when i built the bike from the box.... it just said WARNING FILLED WITH NITROGEN lol !!!!

and when i noticed "no" clicky's on my forks i knew they also where crap lol.... but .... i will say when i knew i had a dirt bike in some box in an 18 wheeler comming to my house..... i was soooo anxious !!!

love that feeling =D

I will definatly have to get you guys more info on the shock asap...

bikes basically a CRF-70R with 12" clearence and piranha 140 lol it IS fun !!! all i care about... that and landing nice and soft !!

edit: not sure if this helps but here is a back-end pic....

IMG00475-1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back