Suspension Upgrade Atomik Moto X 125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koeck

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have recently bought a pit bike, wait, make that 3. At first I bought a TDR AX model, sold it, followed by the TDR 'OX' model (USD forks, adjustable rear shock etc), sold it and bought an Atomik Moto X 125. The TDR's were a P.O.S, the OX wasnt a bad bike but just had little issues with it like kickstart stuck out and was injuring my leg on jumps, similar little stuff like that.

Anywho, im looking for a suspension upgrade for the atomik, it currently has standard forks not USD forks. What is a good upgrade?

Im looking at these: FastAce Fork AS-02 (700mm) (FastAce Fork AS-02 (700mm) [face-as-02] - $380.00 : Elstar Products, Factory-tuned Racing Motorbikes ATV (Quad Bikes), aftersale support, spare parts and accessories. An agent for Apollo motorbikes, Orion, Elstar Motorbikes Shineray. High-quality par

But what are these like, has anyone had any experience with them?: KDF Forks
KDF LEG DIRT PITBIKE FRONT FORK BIKE GTX125 THUMPSTAR TELESCOPE GTX110 36MM PIT | eBay

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have tried searching through threads but cant seem to find much.

ok real important question... are you REALLY sure a moto-x bike is worth spending money on... there one of the most lowest quality level bikes on the market...
they have super weak frames which is there biggest let down. then there swingarm is rubber bushed which flog out in no time...

by the time you upgrade everything you could of just bought a better quality bike...

seriosly dude, my first bike was a motox and its fun until you snap off the top shock mount, and like sean said the frame is crap, and my shock has crapped its self after a fair bit of riding. youre better off saving up and getting a lxr bro.

yeah save your cash and wait untill you can afford a better quality bike mate
you will most likely be kicking your self down the track for spending money on what you have now

cheers.

i had a pit pro 125rr and it wasnt a bad bike. i did spend money on it doing upgrades but as a bike it was fairly solid. i owned it for 3 years, jumped it (not huge jumps) gave the motor a good hiding and after 3 years the lifan 125 in it still started first kick (with regular maintenance). all in all for the price it was a solid reliable bike. i cant complain about it at all, just like all bikes do regular maintenance and if u feel like it upgrade the shock and forks cos theyre not very good standard, one of the cheaper bikes so u can expect that

however if u check on ebay u could get an atomik for the same price or little bit more. after selling my pit pro i bought an atomik nitrous mid size 160cc for $875 inc shipping from atomiks ebay listings. now some people may bash the atomik but really if u got something like a 150 or 160 for $800-$1000 the motor alone is worth $500-$700 online. u do the math :p

Last edited:
After some research, comparing the 125rr and the Dpro125. I invested in a new DHZ Dpro overnight, should be here tommorrow! yeah buddy.

Also got a bloke coming to look at the Atomik for $650 which is more than what i paid for it, cheerin!

Anyway my mates still have atomiks and they want to upgrade front forks, what is a good upgrade for a decent price? Does anyone know what those KDF forks are like?

what bikes they got? if its a crf50 style then something in the 630-640mm range is appropriate. if theyre crf70 or klx110 style then 730-740mm is what they should be lookin at. DHZ has a sale on gpx minicross black label forks at the moment for $400 free shipping for the bigger and i think $380 for the smaller of the same. thats a good price. they come with everything u need including forks, risers, triple clamp, front brake assembly, front rotor and hydraulic line and more

theres others like DNM hornets or fastace AS models or u wanna spend bigger bux then the list goes on.

KDF is a brand of pitbikes and those forks are for their bikes so would just be standard ones for whichever of their bikes theyre suited for. they may fit other bikes fine but i wouldnt consider it an upgrade rather than a changeover. i mean really $130 forks would be pretty crap. theyre cheaper than pit pros standard ones and theyre not great either. my 125rr bottomed out on hard jumps thats why i changed them to the gpx black labels

Last edited:
Thanks mate thats some helpful information! They all have Atomik Moto X's so the crf 50 style.

Would a set of fastace AS-002 forks be a good upgrade for a DHZ Dpro125?

do some homework on what type of headset bearing's your frame uses.. could be some swear words getting thrown around trying to make things work

Latest posts

Back