Swags

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingers

Reaction score
Are they really worth it?

I'm thinkin of buyin one but im just not sure if its gonna be worht it, I mean they take up more room than a tent and ya dont have the extra space to get changed or keep more stuff in, i know they are a hell of alot warmer than a tent and quicker and easier to set up.

So whats others thoughts on em? Who has em and what have you got and how much it cost?

If i was to get one id spend maybe 350 on one and i would want it to be able to be left in the rain and everythin inside stay dry, i know some say they are water proff but they just aint.

we have 3 dont be cheap ,buy a quality 1 will last a lifetime ,ours are the typ with a small pole to bow in the end and tie with a rope if need be ,keeps the top of you while you sleep ,has a mesh top as well as full canvas to allow for air on hot nights ,ours cost in excess of 500 each ,had them for over 10 yrs and there getting better yr by yr ,we put a product called tontene ,it's insulation i use at work comes in a roll and is not ichy ,its like the stuff you have in a pillow ,we put that under our foam mattres and keeps ya warm in winter and cool in summer

if thats all you have to spend id say stick to a tent because you will only get a cheap imported swag for that kind of money.i have a 65mm matress in my swag then under that i have a moutain mat (which on its own cost me nearly your entire budget) however with that under my matress i can sleep on ice and snow and not feel the cold money well spent i reckon nothing worse than being freezing cold when youre trying to get a good nights sleep

ya get one, some the best money i ever spent was on a swag

cheers guys, so how much you reckon i should be spending on a swag? just need the swag and a matress got the sleeping bag already, Anything i should look out for when buying one? any sort of stiching to stay away from? etc

you want to look for heavy canvas ,strong stich double crossed

Australian made <<<<<< no other
500 up ,it depends on where youll use it also as ther are swags with sheep skin liners ,but to hot for up north

remeber this will last a lifetime ,so be practical ,dont think of tomorrow

king single is the go ,more room ,double tie straps ,we use ours as our suit case as well put all ya gear in it roll it up and away ya go

swags are greaat! good for the riding weekend too.
goes up easy in the ute tray or the ground.
heaps easy and quick to set up, best invention for the winter, warmest thing, ive been in my in 2.5 degrees dont feel it at all.
yeh i agree, if ur gonna buy one buy a good one. double stich is a good start.
agree with snitchy, king single is the way to go heaps of room.they are so cumfy also, they leave tents for dead.

Latest posts

Back