Swingarm Bearings, odd sizes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonner

Reaction score
Hi guys hoping someone can help, I am on my second lot of swinger bearings on two different bikes and have struck a bit of a problem. The bike is a Pitpro Xr125, bearings are 6200ZZ but not in standard sizing. The normal 6200ZZ has an 10mm ID and 30mm OD. The bearinigs I pulled out are 12mm ID and 30mm OD.

Have tried Bearing Services, SKF, Statewide Bearings and still cant find the size I need. I have been told they are not made, even though I have an old one in my hand.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks Minifighter, do you know if they are readily available from beraing suppliers? The bearing that came out had 6200ZZ?

Thanks Minifighter, do you know if they are readily available from beraing suppliers? The bearing that came out had 6200ZZ?

that I can't answer mate sorry, I suggest make a few calls. At worst they may be able to order some in for you.

hey guys, I thought id share with you all the solution I came up with to this problem. I am a fitter and turner by trade and I turned up on the CNC lathe some new sleeves to suit the ISO 6000 standard bearings which are 12mm I/D 28mmO/D 8mm wide. so now the new sleeves and bushes are made from stainless steel and fit the swingarm and allow standard ISO bearings to be used. ive made the sleeves a light press fit so hand tools can be used to fit the bearings.
depending on interest im willing to turn up some extras for you guys
let me know what you all think. pics to follow

Last edited:
photo1_zps653d7363.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo_zps0447e8a9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo2_zpsb8368941.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

they would have solved their problem i think, being that this thread is almost 3 years old.

but it's good to know you can make up the sleeves etc if required.
thanks for posting

cheers, craig

At work we also had to make sleeves like that for headstem bearings and races to fit these 250s we had. The other day I was rebuilding a china quad axle housing, went to get bearings, never before had I seen so many bearing bibles come out, then old mate had an idea. Believe it or not but we found bearings and these particular bearings are only found in air con compressors , well now there also found in quad axle housings. $65 each, a total of $204 for bearings and fitting (after cutting and pressing the old stuff out that was seized.)

Latest posts

Back