sx65 clutch issue

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shann

Reaction score
hey all this is my first decent bike i just bled the hydraulic clutch because it wasnt working at all then we got a little more pressure on the go and still nothing but after i went for a quick ride on it up and down the street it worked some and it didnt other times? any help would be very apreciated

sounds like you either still have air in the system, or its nearly out of fluid.

does it feel like it has pressure all the time or does go weak.

failing that the master cylinder could be screwed, not a cheap fix either i dont think. well replacement isnt, maybe a clutch and brake place can overhaul it with a stainless bore cheaper..

they are always wreaking at least 1 on ebay and the hydro clutch you could pick up for about $70-$100.

weve re bled the system twice with mineral oil and nothing got alot of bubbles coming out in the resiviour (im sure thats how you spell it?) but yeah, tried again after a nice warm up and it happened again. ive read stories of the plates staying stuck together in the cold and the guy i bought it off reckons is cr125 does it to

are you pressure bleeding or gravity,i found gravity bleed worked best on ours

were pressure bleeding, so gravity bleeding? sounds like i just take the resi cap off and open the banjo and let it seep through while filling it as it empties?
edit filling the resi

are you bleeding it thru the banjo bolt? needs to bleed thru the bleed nipple on slave.
and to gravity just as you said but open the bleed nipple ,may have too give it one pump to get it running and dont let the reservoir run out

ok lol i think i got the names of the bolts wrong haha... ok it will be messy lol when im doing this it should come out in a nice flow yeah? thanks for all help i will suss this method out :)

so i just tried to gravity bleed for at least 20 minutes got a slow trickle of oil did up all the bolts, the clutch felt nice put it into gear and no roll

just because you have it in gear and the clutch in doesnt mean it will roll when the motor is off. try it with it on.

just warmed it up clicked it into first with the clutch in and it stalled so i put it back into neutral started in and kinda scootered along on it and clicked into first and it was a little bit ok by the feel of things, it didnt like to stop though and i cant get it out of first in my small backyard lol.. street kill anyone? jokes aside i dont want to burn out the clutch or anything.

yea you wont get a nice flow gravity bleed it will only trickle or drip the main thing is too look for air bubbles coming out

yeah sweet basically a trickle lol i had a rag underneath it was a bit wet; i topped the resi up twice do you reckon thats enough? there was tiny bubbles coming from around the seal on the inside of the res where it sucks the oil in does that sound bad?

hey what fluid are you using?
a syringe helps sometimes to back bleed it
also tapping the lines and tilting so the bubbles can go up

im using mineral car oil, the bloke i know reckons that should work fine
im gonna run down the bank and put money into the paypal and buy one, hopefully it works well enough..

To be honest i had trouble bleeding my twin front brake caliper setup on my pitbike and the bleeding kits did not fix it. i still had squish in the lever no matter what i did. so after riding the bike for a few days, the heat and vibration made the brakes solid as a rock.

so dont spend to much money on the bleed kit.

hey all i went for a ride to see what the bad clutch felt like and it was real strange sometimes it was working and when i geared down it was like it had no engine braking whatsoever could that be another symptom for bad clutch plates?

Latest posts

Back