Tacho for Atomik nitrous

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Reaction score
hey guys i have an atomik nitrous 140cc and i want to put a analouge tacho on it like the one that goes in cars, my bike has no battery and i really want to do this how is it possible.
thanks in advance

without going into the reasons cause its too hard to explain just take my word that its not possible!

could you get enough out of a regulator hooked up like you would with rec reg light setup??

stoned-smiley.gif

maybe if you did a bit of research (if your really serious about it) like tech specs for a range of tachs power req etc .. as a starting point then you could start to consider different ways to achieve those requirements..

again dont take my word for it as i really have little experience... but i think its worth doing your own research first then bringing some more info to the table for the more tech minded guru's to chew thru

fishing.gif

and its nuthin personal speedy but without those reasons you know its hard to take your word for it... i can think of 1 possible hurdle str8 up but still... surely if you got the know how to say it aint possible then a quick glossary of the issues is easy.

Last edited:
maybe if you did a bit of research i think its worth doing your own research first then

fishing.gif

and its nuthin personal speedy but without those reasons you know its hard to take your word for it... i can think of 1 possible hurdle str8 up but still... surely if you got the know how to say it aint possible then a quick glossary of the issues is easy.

ie search the threads cause theres about three threads on the same thing.... and a fair few people have done it already;)

search tab dont work? right click on it, or just take the time to read thread titles?

good job bro
thumbsup.gif

but your replying to me??
question.gif

nose-picking.gif

ok, i now see you were about the last person to post on the other tacho thread.

for a pickup line:)p) use the blue/white wire? if you take off thw flywheel cover, its whichever wire is attached to the small coil near the sprocket(outside the flywheel for a standard magneto) that isnt a green wire. thats the one that tells the cdi when to spark.

i think its a white wire if you have an irk. from memory.

other than that, youll need a rectifier/regulator for 12 volts from the yellow and yellow or yellow and white wires.

you cant put one onto an irk unless it has its own power supply either...

hi mate. go to my profile, and take a look @ all my previous posts, NOT THREADS posts, i cant be botherd repeating it haha

it is possible without a battery

cheers
-Corey

is posible if you get the right taco some get all their power from the coil

u can get the the tachos which use there own battery and an inductive pickup.
for all other tachos u need 12v battery or rectified power source.

Latest posts

Back