takegawa 178

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanx for stating the obvious hillz :lol_hitting:

For that money i would get a 55mm stroker crank and v2 head and a flatslide 26-28mm carby = 155cc and plenty more power then the 143 would make.

PLus alot more reliabe then that kit . you dont want to run a skirtless piston if you dont have to.

yehh i actually just had a read bout em n changed my mind....

so im thinkin just stick with wat ive wanted to do for a while v2 head, stroker crank, new carby as u mentioned a while ago

only thing i was worried bout with the stroker crank is reliabilty

Shouldn't be any less reliable after putting a stroker in . probably even more reliable for the topend as it will probably lower revs and give more torque?.

But never really heard of the cranks failing.

ahh k sweet...it just needs a bit more get up n go

wat did u get done to urs exactly? i see urs is 177?

55mm stroke and 64mm piston .

anything more then the 60mm piston you got , you will need to bore the cases .

So with just Stroker crank and the v2 head you wont have to bore the cases . but once its pulled apart for the crank may as well do it if you can find someone to do it. just incase you want to go bigger.

But yer i remember that engine , it definitely needs a stroker crank imo.

yehh true...so if i wanted to run the 165 bbk i would need to bore it out to 64mm?

just hope my local mehcanic no's how to install the stroker crank and head lol

if you just get a tb v2 head with s35 cam it will make a massive difference over stock head so try that first if your still not happy then get a stroker but a 143 don properly will smoke a 150 or 160 china motor no worries and dont get me wrong i love my chinas

yehh im gonna go that way mate...just trying to find a carb kit for it....on ch50's they've got a 28mm flatslide but then ya needa buy the intake seperate lol

yehh true..fasterminis might be better to buy from atm tho lol

you can buy my unused s35d cam for $120 posted

Faster Minis is aboot $133 higher on that Tak kit than some other US vendors.

If your mechanic even flinches at stroker and head install, fire him immediately;)

Buy Billy's cam, fast, before he comes to his senses. If you put it in a TB head, along with Tak rockers and springs, it works awesome.

64x55 and a V2 is a lot cheaper than the 178 and should last longer. S-cut piston life is too short. Long legs are the only things that should have short skirts...

The Engine has the TB "Race" Head on it to btw.

Equivalent to a regular Yx stock head ive heard.

Faster Minis is aboot $133 higher on that Tak kit than some other US vendors.

If your mechanic even flinches at stroker and head install, fire him immediately;)

Buy Billy's cam, fast, before he comes to his senses. If you put it in a TB head, along with Tak rockers and springs, it works awesome.

64x55 and a V2 is a lot cheaper than the 178 and should last longer. S-cut piston life is too short. Long legs are the only things that should have short skirts...[/QUOT

yehh i gotta talk to my mechanic today first to see if hes up to the task so i can go ahead and buy the parts...

so a 64mm piston u reckon? wat size is the one with the v2? 60mm?

Someone else has seen must post and already gonna buy it sorry

Latest posts

Back