• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Miniriders and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Takegawa decomp cams for V2 and +R

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_GDFP

Master Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
Tired of breaking kicker gears? Leg sore from wailing at a high-squeeze mill? Old and lazy? Purchase a Tak decomp camshaft in S15/20/25/35 grind with the adapter for Chinese bikes and get a new OEM KLX cam cover (needed to clear decomp weight) free!

I also have the 71g pairs of Tak rockers, to replace the 143g pair of steel ones in TB V2 heads. Save weight, rev higher. Zoooooom!

Thank you all for your continued support.

Terry

I would of but I'm all outta cash :(

Sounds like a worthy upgrade though!

Carlton, you're young enough to be able to push the button on your TB decomp, and to remember to;) I sent a 20 and 35 grind cam, so you'll have a better idea of which you prefer, if you decide on a Tak later. There's still one in between and a smaller one. Great thing about the KLX-based heads, is they don't have to be removed to swap cams. Maybe you can find a nice long hill to blast in 3rd, to feel the difference. One you can barely make it up, with the stocker. Then the BBK. Cheers, and thanks again!

Lol, the button I will remember, now just gotta give a nazi talk to anyone who wants to ride it for when they stall lol

Cheers for the two cams, that is quality service right there - I owe you one!!!!

And as for the two cams, I am completely unsure what the difference is lol but I shall get on the reaserch now, but as you say swapping cams down the track is no biggy, so I may get onto during a future rebuild, but I shall enjoy what I have and learn to tame the beast ;)

Carlton

The cams have the same lift, different duration.

Power curves comparison of the different grinds:
KLXs35-2.jpg

Hey gdfp does the 26mm tb manifold you sell fit Lifan 140 heads

The cams have the same lift, different duration.

Power curves comparison of the different grinds:
KLXs35-2.jpg

Hey Teryy,

Just comparing the two cam's s35 and s25,

The s25 seems to be better in every regard, beating the s35 at all rpm?

So whats the go with the s35, any benfits over the s25?

Cheers

Dyno comparison is stifled slightly with a 26mm carb. A 28 would allow the 35 to shine more on top. It does eek ahead from 9500 up, but would do so more aggressively with a 28, and maybe earlier. 35 kills some low end, good on small tires and lets the power come on when the bike's upright and rolling away from the turn. Too much hit makes them hard to ride. You'll have a 20 and 35 to compare lap times, roll on, what ever you want.

Sweet, cheers dude, I might have a crack at the 20 cam first seeing as im running the 26mm carb, see how I go. How long do your reckon a cam swap job would take?

Spose if I cant handle the low end I could swap the cam over to the s35?

Cam swap should take a half-hour, if your tools are organized and you don't rush.

You'll probably be able to up the front sprocket a tooth, maybe two, depending on the track.

Cam swap should take a half-hour, if your tools are organized and you don't rush.

You'll probably be able to up the front sprocket a tooth, maybe two, depending on the track.

True well I got a spare 41 rear at home, so if I need the extra down low i may chuck it on, but should be right for now I spose.

Hopefully the parcel gets here tomorrow, just doing my boring as 2000 word uni assignment tonight so if its here tomorrow I'll have a full day of fun :D

Dad's getting a torque wrench for the front engine stud things, I got new mineral oil and Ive cleaned up a bench.

Latest posts

Back