Takegawa vs Kitaco vs Daytona

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HyperMotard

Reaction score
I have a Zuma XB33, which can also be purchsed of Recreational Imports, that I want to install a new engine in. I want to know in matter of HP which Takegawa motor is strongest, Which Daytona is strongest and which Kitaco is strongest and which is more powerful overall. I want the engine to be moded to the brim and I want to attain the maximum HP possible. AHPMINIS say the YX 150cc Build Kit with Takegawa 187cc +R Bore Kit, 26mm Carb, Race Cam and Inner Rotor Kit produces 20-22 HP. Is there a motor that can produce more?

why would you buy a bike fo reasonable cheapness if your going to put a killer motor in anyway?

pretty pointless.

buy a good bike with good frame,wheels,suspention etc etc then put a good motor in that.

please excuse me if this bike isn't the bike im thinking of.If it isnt i apoligize lol

What do you mean. Whats so cheap about the XB33. It costs $1299, it has a swing arm like an Aprilia which is split into two to distribute the pressure, it has a pretty stable looking frame which I totally took apart and put back together with care to tighten every screw and some of the screws I actually changed to better quality ones and I installed a remote reservoir shock. What "good bike" are you thinking of?

Id settle for a 22 HP engine man.

Ive seen a yx150 going up to 194cc but i wouldnt waste that much money on an engine anyway

I have a Zuma XB33, which can also be purchsed of Recreational Imports, that I want to install a new engine in. I want to know in matter of HP which Takegawa motor is strongest, Which Daytona is strongest and which Kitaco is strongest and which is more powerful overall. I want the engine to be moded to the brim and I want to attain the maximum HP possible. AHPMINIS say the YX 150cc Build Kit with Takegawa 187cc +R Bore Kit, 26mm Carb, Race Cam and Inner Rotor Kit produces 20-22 HP. Is there a motor that can produce more?

yes ...a KXF250...lol:p

Do you want get hurt really bad??
If you put one of that badass engines in your POSframe you will get hurt!!...besides that a Take or Kitaco is about 5000quid...do you have this cash to spend??

Last edited:
i agree with themountain.

its what i was trying to say.

its stupid to put a engine like that into that bike!

Look guys I have the money thats why I'm inquiring and besides matty06 what do you have against my bike. Why is it SO bad and SO rubbish. Have you ever had one. What evidence suggests that your Atomik Reign is better. How much does a CRF150 produce and what mods can you get becuase I might look into getting one? And for the question of spending alot of money on the bike then you should ask corey who I think has spent alot more.

And for your info the Takegawa 187 Scut +R cost $1500 not $5000.

just got to drop in a line, I for one are a big fan of machines that are over-the-top powerful, some of us don't view these machines as useless just because they are unrideable, some of us view them as a challenge, the fun-factor of riding a beast sometimes outwheighs the fun-factor of putting in fast lap-times...

Exactly fiddy@norway the point is I want to create an animal that will kill me (not literally). I was going through planetminis.com and I foung a post on a new Daytona T-Rex or something. Its supposed to have 150cc 4V and is dyno at 18.9hp at rear wheel. It has 24mm carb which cn be upgraded to the Kitaco 28mm.

284_dayto150antesx.jpg

284_dayto150sx.jpg

Picture_009.jpg

Picture_014.jpg

Last edited:
Can you people help me please find 14" wheels widder than 3.00". Maybe 3.50" or even 3.25". I want to fit a 150 tyre at the back. I'll run a 14/14 setup. I already bought a spare 14" rear wheels for my front so now I have 2 14" front and rear both 3.00". I think 120/120 will handle sluggishly. I think if the rear is wider it will handle better. And besides I want to make it a Aprilia SXV replica. By the way don't think I'm a loser and can't afford the Aprilia its just that I'm only 15 and I'm 160cm tall because I've just started puberty so I can't actually ride an SXV. I have a fair amount of money because I got a $10,000 scolarship last year.

way to invest your scolarship:)
I don't know much about what mini-engine is the best or most powerful, but I do know that if you want to cross that 15hp mark on a lifan, YX, daytona or whatever you will have to be prepared to dump a lot of cash and time into it, and things will break and wear, some of the guys here really knows theire stuff but might not want to help you because it's not "smart" to put a engine like that into a chassi like that or whatever...
on your question about the crf 150 I've heard tuners have been able to get the R versions engine to put out around 27HP+, but the engine will ride on the brink of destruction with these numbers...

the biggest question with wheels is where do you intend to use this bike? because I belive that in different locations there are different rulings on what size wheel you can use like in most places mini motard is restricted to 10in or 12in wheels. The other thing to consider is that there is a much wider choce of gripy 12in tyres than 14in.
the other aspect of using bigger wheels is that it will be harder to get it turn in for tight corrners. the trade of of this is that biger wheels and long frame are more stable at higher speeds (long sweepers).
I run an atomik prox for motard (it's a fairly long frame) and I strugle to get it to turn in for tight corners most of the shorter wheel base bikes turn in way better.
hope this helps
saber :)

I am not looking to race. I want it for fun. Who cares if the bikes long, SuperMotos are long, 1.8m+ and they will rape these little PitPros. And for fiddy's question I'm not looking to make a china motor that powerful. I want to get the build kit from AHPMINIS who build a Takegawa engine with a 150cc YX for the low end and a 178cc Scut +R Bore Kit which is japanese and of sublime quality plus I'm add Race Cam, 28mm Kitaco Carb, Kitaco Inner Rotor Kit and Super Coil, Takegawa 6 Speed Transmission, NGK Spark Plug and some other small things. The guy at AHPMINIS (in america but ships to AUS. I talked to him using a calling card) said that this package will dyno at 25HP atleast AT THE DYNO by that he means rear wheel hp not hp at flywheel or gearbox. My question is there a package that could beat this in HP cause HP is everything, the more HP the better. I don't care that people say its not HP its how you use it, no offense but thats BS cause if your good more HP will help you be better. Besides you don't have to use it but you always know its there.

...I was going through planetminis.com and I foung a post on a new Daytona T-Rex or something.]

I am afraid you always read only half of the things:p ...first a take scut187cc+r is definitely not 1500$....second the Daytona 4valve only exist on paper right now...even the normal 150cc from them is not availeble yet...:D and third I don´t believe that Mark (the owner of AHP) told you that crap...I know him in person and he is a real good guy!!

If you want only some fun and not racing I would say you get a Lifan 150 for cheap and been done with it ;)....and use the rest of the cash for books at school !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I never said he was a bad guy and I believe him. And how is a scut 178 +r from AHP not $1500. Go check. Go to AHP Complete engines then go to the last engine and see the bars at the bottom select all except inner rotor kit, coz i'de like to get the kitaco one, and select add to cart. See how much. And how do you know him do you live in America coz u said in person.

Just Checked! Takegawa 178cc & +R Kit with YX 150cc bottom end plus Race Cam, Polishing and Porting = $1634.00 not $5000.

Is there a water-cooling kit for these engines. Cause I was going thorugh the net the other day and there are articles saying water is better than oil since its denser therefore it can absorb much more heat and that the viscosity of oil is higher so it is harder to pump. Before I read that I thought oil is better but now I want to see if I can get a water-cooling kit.

Latest posts

Back