takegawa

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwikaz

Reaction score
hi there guys i was wondering if the 140cc lifan is based on a fifty honda motor? then would it be able to accept this clutch kit?? its takegawa dry clutch kit instead of wet ,five speed?? here are a few pics.. or this takegawa clutch case??
723-Takegawa_6-spd_gearbox_dry_clut.jpg

718a_Takegawa_Polished_Aluminium_Cl.jpg

this the motor i want to fit it too??
DSC00018.jpg

i got a feeling it wont fit??

Last edited:
kit

i think with this kit you lose your oil sling , then it gets replaced with a pump and oil filter so thats how your oil gets filterd??

Daytona DOHC engine = rebuild every 10 hours !

Lifan 140's are based off a Honda "Nice" motor so you'd have to email a shop who sells parts for both CRF and Nice motors for proper verification as to whether or not the 5 speed kit will fit !

You might be better off forking out big for a Daytona DOHC engine with the 5 speed box fitted !

Here's some info on Daytona motors that you might find interesting - they use your VM26 carb and manifold . They need to be rebuilt every 10 operating hours ~ so much for "FANTASTICALLY SUPERIOR" Jap motors !!!!!!!!

Topping out at 11,200 rpm, the 160cc engine pumps out a peak horsepower of around 15.5 at 9,500 rpm, but has noticeably more low-end grunt than the Daytona arrangement.

2006 Title-Winning BBR 119 Test - MotorcycleUSA.com

sam wendal

sam wendal on this forum has a daytona engine 116cc and he says it revs to 15,000 grand ?? thanks for the info cactus :D :D

Yep - people like to stretch the truth ! Note that EVEN a Takagawa tranny needs to be cryo treated to extend its life ! There are a hell of a lot of people with their hands on it over these megabuck Jap motors . The cost for parts to rebuild as required would most likely be near OR even exceed the cost of a new Lifan 140 ! So don't go frowning upon your Lifan engine . It's better to have a brand new Lifan motor every so often than to keep sinking a fortune into keeping the same old Daytona motor alive and GOD help you and your bank account if you ever broke a Jap race part ! It would only be worth having the Jap engine IF you were racing AND winning - in that case you're paying BIG $$$'s for your trophies !

I've spoken to US racers who have now gone to chinese motors for that very reason - they're sick and tired of being broke and frustrated .

no shit

no shit yer that makes sense cactus.. well i really only want that side case really so my kick start will fit properly?? im not really interested in the gears..

lol i thought i said 13 thousand.

i have a tacho on my bike and ive had it to 13 thou in 3rd gear, my machanic rekons it would do 14. i change gears at 11 thou lol and this is no bullshit. ask richid from mild to wild motorcycles hes the one who built the bike and does all my work.

yer the DOHC hit is way to expensive, richid is buildin himself one right now in a motovert pro. the bikes going to be worth 16 grand once its all together with all the mods he is doing to it. will be one unreal bike:rolleyes:

cheers

ooppss

ooppss my mistake sam yer i remember now sorry about that :eek: ..

no shit yer that makes sense cactus.. well i really only want that side case really so my kick start will fit properly?? im not really interested in the gears..

Why not just get a better frame and swinger instead?

Latest posts

Back