Taky +R springs, titanium retainers and installation in a V2 head

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazed0451

Reaction score
Howdy guys,

I recently grabbed the V2 head and bits off SGONE and just got hold of a valve spring compressor to install the +R springs and titanium retainers... Here is where I've run into trouble :boxing:

Valvesprings.jpg

Now, #1 is the original retainer, it matches with #5 which are the original valve springs.
#2 is the TB titanium retainer which goes with #3 which appears to be a spacing washer.
#4 are the collets that hold the retainer on the valve.
#6 are the Taky springs.

Neither retainers will fit in the taky springs, and the springs seem to be a fair bit smaller in diameter (both total diameter and of the actual material) than the fitted V2 springs.

1. Do these springs even go in this head?
2. Is it worth using the spacing washer on the titanium retainers?
3. I've also got the Takegawa rocker arms, will these go in this head, is it worth
installing them in place of the V2 pieces?
4. Do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks guys!

i was told the springs are a direct swap over never checked them out though. the spacer is also recommended to run with the TI retainers and the TAK rollers are a direct swap over definately worth the swap with the TAK roller being lighter. best to contact terry at FPM he'll give you the lowdown as i bought it all of him

EDIT. you may have to run the TAK TI retainers

http://www.minimobracing.com/store/...rhead-Repair-Parts---KLX110/product_info.html

Last edited:
Thanks SGONE, I might just throw it together with the original springs and the Ti retainers for the moment, there is no way the +R springs are gonna work :(

I might have to fork for some more Ti retainers to suit the +R springs (if it's worth running them), or look into different springs entirely!

Ah well, no partcualr hurry to get it on the bike I guess...

Tak inners should fit the TB retainers and are a good bit stiffer. Tak retainers are for 4.5mm stem, not the 5mm TB, so no-go on the outers unless you machine the TB retainer. No worries, as the TB outers are good. Tak rockers swap in. Intake one needs to go in before the cam, through X side of cam hole.

Mixed springs now installed in the head with the Ti retainers... Few other bits to go on the bike too ;)

Bits.jpg

Tyres, plastics, coil, intake manifold, chain, sprocket cover, dress up kit, 26mm OKO will be yoinked from the Nitrous... Suggestions on a better/bigger carb?

Sticker kit on the way too...

I run a PE28 on almost all of my mid-size builds. 30-32mm on the bigger ones, with reworked heads.

Latest posts

Back