Tank Cap Thread Thinga-mah-bob...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rien

Reaction score
When I got my new bike I filled her up with petrol for about the 3rd time and the part on the tank that the fuel cap screws onto snapped outof the actual tank. Put a shitload of superglue around the base of the part and then around the tank where it fits and let it dry. It's been fine; but has always leaked petrol since that happened.
Now i'm actually going to do somthing about it becuase of my pants being perminantly petrol smelled.
Just wondering what I should do. What type of glue/filler I could use? Anything that the petrol wont eat away at?
Without buying a new tank.

Any help would be sique.

Cheers

Cheers.
Anyone else had this problem and fixed it in a different way?

Chino tanks are like what - $20?

You bought a cheap bike so now you'll pay for it and get a new tank.

No point fixing a shitty broken china tank , they are rubbish anyway. If you can find your self a honda crf50 tank you'll be cheering , the quality is much` much better - Steve has one for sale!

Dont worry about the expoxy resin , this sport costs money so you'll have to fork out the new $$$ for a tank!

yep, when we use to sell some CHina 110's & 125's every single tank with out fail would do that,

a new tank will cost you less than the right stuff to fix it

bloody chinas again, is there anything that stays together LOL,

Check out eBay , there is a few ok there

Hah well yeh im poor.
I'll just buy a new tank.
SO a crf50 tank will fit my heap?
cheers guys

yeha crf50 tanks are the same as china bikes if it has the crf50 style plasticks

Latest posts

Back