tard brake setups

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ducar.r.spec

Reaction score
like the title says
what setup are you running?:

how did you set it up?:

problems that occured?:

where did you source the parts?:

full cost?:

pics:

what setup are you running?: front and rear brakes hooked up to front reservoir

how did you set it up?: got bored,couldnt source a lever to fit,etc. Got a longer banjo bolt and the rear brake line off of a kids quad fitted it up

problems that occured?:the first rear hose i ran was too long and ended up melting being rubbed on the exhaust.Sourced the right size, much better

where did you source the parts?: my work Whiplash Dirt Bikes

full cost?: $5

pics:
reecespics025.jpg

reecespics016.jpg

reecespics017.jpg

oh yeah mind the dirt tyres :)

it sure does :) i got my drz up on ebay once i got money im buying ma new RS yeepy then ill post my break stats up :)

Ok my old setup (only gonna worry about the front as have had no issues with rear)
what setup are you running?: Standard Pitpro 140XR brakes with correct size front rotor (200mm)

how did you set it up?: Got a bigger rotor off DHZ and bolted it up......

problems that occured?: The pads that came in the pitpro were lacking a bit and after some hard riding found they stopped working as good. When I upgraded my brakes I did notice that the brake pads looked burnt and badly glazed. So maybe some quality pads would have made this setup acceptable.

where did you source the parts?: DHZ (ebay)

full cost?: under $30

pics:

what setup are you running?: DHZ 6 piston brake setup, 4 piston front 2 piston rear. Running a 221mm front rotor on hand made capiler relocation bracket.

how did you set it up?: Got the 6 piston kit and found that it would not bolt up to my forks at all. Did the Tim Allen thing and decided to go the biggest rotor I could easily source (221mm). To make the relocation bracket I simply got some flat 6mm mild steel, cut the size piece that I wanted, drilled and tapped the holes where I wanted them. Placed the caliper with bracket onto the disk then measured the gap from the fork mounts to bracket and got a spacer that size.

problems that occured?: 221mm rotor is wave rotor and first bracket I made had the caliper sit out a little to far and was not using all the pads (ended up making a 221mm rotor out of cardboard to use when measuring). Remade the bracket and seems better. Have not yet looked at pads again but they do feel to be working better.

where did you source the parts?: DHZ (ebay)

full cost?: to bloody much..... probably around $150ish as you can't buy just the front kit so need to buy both to get the front caliper. Then you have the rotor, mild steel for bracket, correct size drill and tap, spacers, ect ect

pics: this bracket has yet to be trimmed down and painted but shows you an idea on how the bracket is made
vbpgimage.php

Last edited:
Bumpity bump.

Any ideas on front brake setups? Using stock single pitpro caliper with dnm forks. Pad is only being half used so its not the right caliper. Have tried to contact Revmx but no reply so far.

Bumpity bump.

Any ideas on front brake setups? Using stock single pitpro caliper with dnm forks. Pad is only being half used so its not the right caliper. Have tried to contact Revmx but no reply so far.

I think you'll find that if you grab a bigger disc your problem will be solved ;)

Pull the pad, measure the unused area, double it and add that to the size of your current disc... Buy a new disc in that size :)

Have tried to contact Revmx but no reply so far.

Lol.

Yeah mate, best thing to do is what Krazed said. Do you know what disc size you are running now?

Yeah its a 190mm. Its not the size of the disk. if i go any bigger it will start hitting on pad locator. Its kinda on a 45 degree angle across the face of the pad. To make it work id need to make new mounts. But if i am going to do that ill do it with a twin piston eg revmx one or similar.

Latest posts

Back