Tas Championship series, round 2

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaza45

Reaction score
Details for round 2!! Look up "2011 braaap club superlite series" on facebook. I've personally put a lot of work into this place and heaps of effort to make sure we hold an awesome event. I'll be doing up a youtube clip on the complex soon!

Facebook event details:
Get ready for round 2!! Can anyone beat the Launceston riders at their home track??

The Launceston crew has put in a huuuge effort over summer to transform this place. The track now has a professional look and has a new layout with some nice jumps, berms and the widest start straight in the state! We have also put in major drainage works, watering system, new car parking area, painted tyre walls, flaggy boxes and more!

This round is going to be awesome, we cater for riders of all ages and abilities so there are no excuses not to be at this one!

Once at the Tas Zoo, follow the signs and PLEASE drive carefully and stick to the speed limit. Look up "Tas Zoo braaap track" on facebook (or call the Launceston braaap store) for details of practice days if you want to have a ride before race day!

Hope to see ya's there!

This is the thing Gaz you think we are idiots and don't talk to crew overseas .... like when ya's came here telling us EVERYONE in Vegas was callin em superlights ...that was lie ...no one in Vegas is callin em that but you guys ... and now this ? You promote it here as a state title but in america as an Aussie title ? And ya's are stupid enough to think we wouldn't notice ?

Again the world just aint that big mate ...sooo Braad might wanna look at saying the same to us AND the yanks .... that way you won't look like idiots. I mean come on mate do you really think a racer from the states would be happy to travel across the pond to line up with 6 other guys in a paddock ? Man you guys live in a freakin bubble down there. If anyone comes out from the states they'd be better off racing a REAL Aussie title don't ya reckon ?

Hear we go again.

I have the microwave popcorn ready and set to 3 minutes 27 seconds.

This may get interesting.

Logic

Dready, I know nothing about the "Australian Superlite Title on Feb 19th" that ya's are referring to, so I'd rather you keep me outta that one. I have nothing to do with what braaap promote in the USA, neither do I have the time to do so.

As I have said before, I am fully behind our local scene, and we are lucky enough to have braaap behind us to help with the running of events, arranging things such as Insurances, police permits and the rest of the time consuming applications/permits etc that MA and local council require.

A small crew (including myself) have busted our arses over the last 6 months to turn the Tas Zoo site from a paddock into an awesome facility and we welcome riders of all abilities and all brands of bike to ride. So it disappoints me when I read comments like yours Dready that you think we live in a bubble, because at the end of the day all I am doing is supporting my local scene and promoting events, and then feel like I am being criticized for doing so. I believe the events we run are top class, and continuing to get better all the time, maybe you should come down for a look one day.

Below are the all of the dates for the TASMANIAN CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

Sunday March 27th Devonport
Sunday April 17th Launceston
Saturday May 28th Hobart (under lights)
Saturday June 25th Launceston (under lights)
Sunday July 31st Devonport (under lights)
Saturday Sept 10th Hobart (under lights)
Saturday Oct 15th Launceston (presentation afterwards)

just that braaap are calling it a australian series.... kind of ruffles the feathers, im suprised you guys dont get upset with there BS

[quote name='smif53' timestamp='1282870781' post='1594688']
Hey Guys!

check out the video from our race series in Tasmania.

We promoted the 1st race we've had under lights

YouTube - Braaap superlite underlights Supercross

sned me your thoughts and book tickets to come race in Australia for the Australian Superlite SX title on Feb 19th.

braaaaaaaaaaaaap
[/quote]

Good on ya gaz, good to see we have a series down here.

No Gaz I think you are missing my point ...or points .

Firstly my post was in reference to this series you are promoting here and the fact that it is being advertised by Braaad as an AUSTRALIAN title in the states with an invitation for the yanks to come and race it. You see in my opinion if you call a state race series an AUSTRALIAN series you are living in a bubble ...ie you are ignoring the National series held on the mainland .... Ok maybe not you as much but the series and the company you are promoting certainly is .... so offensive ? No just an observation and one I'm entitled too if you can't see how we could reach this conclusion then I can't help ya.

Now I think your efforts on the track are great but I watched the first round vid and I don't think that track was a world class track ... for a start it needs to be wider because you will have double the riders off the gate ...did ya have a gate ? oh and the jumps looked a bit ugly to me as everyone was seemed to doing endo's off em ? Sorry mate I just don't think it's deserving of an AUSTRALIAN title and I reckon if you made the effort to travel from the states to race you'd be a bit dissapointed. So appologies there mate I didn't mean to hassle you or your efforts down there if you re read what I wrote I think you'll see I was talking in the context of the series being an Aussie title as Braad has promoted in the states.

I understand what you are saying about not wanting to be involved in what Braad is doing in the states ... but seeing as what he is doing is promoting your state series as an Aussie title that is the issue most members here will have a problem ... so address it or leave it that's up to you ... but don't hassle us for bringing it up as I think it's not only relevant .... I think we are more than justified in asking why this series is being promoted as an Australian title in the states .... So you get all offended Gaz I don't mind because I'm pretty offended at Braads actions to be honest ...I'm offended we have asked for answers on here for years and you have all avoided answering them ...any of them. This lack of accountability has led to a tarnished reputation on here. Lastly if you want to promote something like Braaaps superlight world domination crap you should own it ... it is what it is

Lastly you saying leave me out of it is fine ...but that means you too ... so cool just STAY OUT OF IT if that's what you want we didn't make you come on here promoting the series did we ?I mean if you don't wanna discuss the white elephant in the room then don't bother ok ? We'll discuss it but don't take offence when we do ...as I said we have every right to ask why this is series is being promoted as an Australian title ...if you don't wanna answer then fine ... but don't sook because we ask the question .... it's VALID like most of the other questions that braaad and the braaap crew have dodged in here.

oh yeah ....when you consider braad is banned from this sight I reckon promoting a series he is running in here is skating close to the line anyway .... JMO

Last edited:
Dready, I don't think I missed your point but think you are having trouble understanding mine.

Firstly, in Brads post in planetminis he said "check out the video from our race series in Tasmania". I would interpret that to mean it's a Tasmanian Series (not an Australian title). As I said in my earlier post, I don't know what the Feb 19th race is/was. We didn't even have a race in Tas on that date, maybe it was supposed to be a one off event that plans fell through, I DON"T KNOW! I won the 2009 Tas series (something I worked hard for, and am proud of), but there's no way I considered in doing so that I was any sort of Australian Champion. So to sum it up, I don't believe Brads planetminis post was promoting this Tas Series as an Aussie title, but if you think so i can't help you either.

Secondly, not sure what vid you saw and I am not going to talk negatively about other tracks but I only have the time to commit myself to my local track, which happens to be the Tasmania Zoo. My goal is to make this one of the best facilities in the country, and I believe we are well on the way to achieving this. I think it's a great example of what can happen (even with small budget) when you have a dedicated group of people and engage the community. I look forward to doing up a youtube clip of my own to show ya's how we have progressed.

Anyway, by promoting this series I believe I am doing my bit for the sport, but if ya don't think so by all means ban me too. I am not here to promote any particular company as I understand the site has sponsors but at the end of the day our club and tracks wouldn't exist without certain sponsors of our own, so it's a two way street.

So to sum it up, I don't believe Brads planetminis post was promoting this Tas Series as an Aussie title, but if you think so i can't help you either.

S

Gaz, he actualy was & i quote "send me your thoughts and book tickets to come race in Australia for the Australian Superlite SX title on Feb 19th."

Yeah I read that but I don't believe he was referring to the Tas series tho, like I said maybe a one off event (who knows where) that never eventuated?

yer that could be the case, he seems to be all over the place sometimes haha

hope the Tassie series goes well mate

Yeah thanks, a bit frustrating not being able to ride due to a stuffed knee but watching others lovin it is the next best thing!

Yeah I read that but I don't believe he was referring to the Tas series tho, like I said maybe a one off event (who knows where) that never eventuated?

WHAT ? oh ok So he invites the yanks to come n race a title that never existed and that's cool ? .... FFS whether it's this series or a one off race, whether it happens or not he's still claiming to be running an Australian title isn't he ? THAT'S our point braaap has NOTHING to do with the REAL Australian racing scene ... in fact by attempting to rebrand the sport to superlights Braad has separated himself from everyone that disagrees with this move (everyone being everyone else but you guys) So when Braaad claims to be holding Aussie titles he has no right to claim we'll say something ... Again Gaz THAT'S my point.

And yeah I did only see round one but that's what I thought of the track in round one regardless of who built it ... Yours may be better but that's not really ...here or there to me .. So honestly good luck at the zoo I mean it ... but you'll have to realize you are part of braaads world domination plan whether you like it or not mate .. if ya promote the superlight name change rebrand thing you are part of it are'nt you ?.

Look mate no one's saying you are not making a great effort for the sport .... I just think your support of braaad is misplaced.

Who cares dready thats what brad may have said but it isn't what gaz is saying, We have a race series here in tassie and im stoked for that and im sure every1 else is to regardless who runs it WE GET TO RACE.

I never said Gaz was saying it ... I was saying the superlight rebrand is not supported by the Australian scene so Braad just claims the whole industry as his own ..that's what I'm saying, the proof is in his post ... so no I don't think it's alright and that's all I've said ...my point was if you promote or race under the superlight name you are part of the superlight rebrand whether you like it or not ... and the superlight rebrand is an attempt to rebrand the entire sport not just Tasmania and not just building and supporting the local scene as Gaza is doing ... So race , promote support it if ya like but don't expect me too ... you might not care braad is promoting Aussie titles overseas or what he says but I do mate.

That's just my opinion you have yours and I have mine so we'l agree to disagree .

I understand what your saying Dready completly mate and you know how I feel about the issue.

But if it was me and I had the choice to race that or nothing at all, I wouldn't really have much choice. Anything is better than nothing if you get me.

It's not neccessarily supporting it, it's they don't have any other choice or they can't race. Sucky situation really.

Yep I totally agree ...but one person has created this situation and it wasn't me.

OK I've had my say I'll leave it at that.

Just an update on this one, have got bobcat, truck and excavator working on the track tomorrow putting few extra jumps and berms in with a slight change of layout for the finishing touches ready for raceday! Should come up awesome, stay tuned for vid!

Latest posts

Back