TB 141cc Big bore kit

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSR125NJ

Reaction score
Hey guys , i have a question did anyone here try to put this kit on to a Lifan 125CC
Lifan 125cc EngineFREE SHIP - Engines - Lifan 50-150 Engines - TRC-1811 - TBolt USA, LLC thats the engine from TBusa and i'm trying to get more power out of it and was thinking about putting this kit
TB 141cc Big bore kit w/ VM26 Kit14mm Pin GPX Pitster Lifan Piranha - TB Parts - CHINESE ENGINES - TBW9070 - TBolt USA, LLC
but when i called TBusa they said that they never try and they dont know if its gonna work , has anyone try to put this kit on that engine ? \
If not, how can i get more power out of that engine because my buddy bought a Piranha 140CC and hes just spanking my ass and its very anoying if you know what i mean :)

I'd say forget both that engine and kit and get the new gpx 125 engine with bolt on tb v2 head and your mate will be eating your dust all day everyday!!!

I posted something very similar to this last week, look under "ask the tech masters" the thread is called lifan 124cc engine, in pursuit of more power.

Pretty much your best option is to do what Styv suggested and get a Gpx race engine from DHZ, they very quick and reliable and would beat a 140 all day long with no mods what so ever. (And they have a lot of potential that you could look into in the future). The lifan you looking at working has a far weaker clutch than the gpx engine and its attached to the crank, so as soon as you start modifying your lifan to much ur clutch is going to slip and you will end going through clutches very quickly. If you want abit more power and response without any problems get a cam in it from tboltusa, and descent exhaust, any more than that and you going to have issues.

Btw I'm not sure that big bore kit you looked at would fit as its designed for a bike with a 52.4 x 55mm engine, you have a 54 x 54 mm engine.

thanks guys , thats not good news :( can't spend the $$ right now i will have to suffer for a little bit but ill get him :)
will VM26 carb help me a little ?

Yes, If you can dial it in and get it running sweet, i.e. changing jets, plugchopping and needle height...

You would be better off playing with gearing for now,drop 1 tooth on the front sprocket for a little more acceleration but youll lose a little topend speed,

practice cornering and picking the right lines for maximum entry/exit speed

A good rider on a 125cc will smoke a crappy rider on a 140cc

LOL good advice :) and as far as gear changing i didnt find anything on tbolt and call them and they dont have anything for that engine that will fit, 14T nothing lower and nothing higher for the back 41T

I think the vm26 is a great idea, it will add a little more power and response but u can also put it on pretty much any motor out there and it will run great on the gpx125 if you end up getting it. With the gear changing I think a 14 front is perfect, when you start going to low in the front the sprockets start to wear really quick, also if you go down one sprocket in the front it's equivalent of going up 3 teeth in the back so you will definitely notice a big difference in acceleration. Btw it's over $400 to import anything over 20kg to Australia from tboltusa... Crazy aye! I know this because I tried get that exact engine (the piranha 140)...
.. Btw where ya mate get a piranha 140 from?? The new ones looking amazing

yes he got it from tbolt , hey guys which on VM26 should i get from tbolt because they have 3 different ones ?
i dont know which one is the one for my engine

Hey liljohn do you no of any places in aus to get good parts, I just normally go on dhz but its no tbolt..

Not really apart from dhz, ken can most likely get whatever part you want though.
I generally order my parts from the states or off the good ol ebay

Last edited:
T-Bag is merely selling other peoples parts. Find a decent engine builder that also sells parts.
Yes, the 78mm tall cylinder 125 Lifan will take the 57mm Trail Bikes kit. Best $139 you can spend.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back