TB V2 Race Head

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClassicHonda50

Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone had a problem or heard of a problem with the TB V2 Race Head leaking out of the exhaust studs???

Cheers

J.D

i have heard a few people om planet minis mention it has happend to them.. i think they used hi-temp silicone to seal them not sure though ... apparantly takegawa heads have the same problem .. the v2 is suppose to be a copy of the take head so good they even picked up the taks flaws

there have been a few incidents on PM.com about it....

Unfortunately...yes, there are some cases! Not sure about the fix ,though!

the general fix off PM was to send it back to the supplier.

where did u get it from mate?

TB Parts V2 Head

Hi

Thanks for the prompt replies and valuable info.

It was the first that I had heard about it.

I get the V2 heads direct from TB Parts, it is one that I had supplied to a customer.

Mike from TB had already addressed the issue with his suppliers, he was still in bed when I was asked the question.

Thanks

J.D

Have you tried teflon tape on the stud threads ? That is ... IF the oil is actually leaking from there ...

I've also read about the same problem on PM ... but it's hard to find the thread ...

What price can you get the TB V-2 roller rocker heads for ? ...

With car engines I've found roller rockers to run as quiet with solid lifters as a hydraulic cam and lifters ... and they also hold their clearance adjustments for a lot longer ...

i also noticed that cac... i was expecting it to be a fair bit louder in the top end then the YX head.... but was pleasently suprised!

i also had a big of trouble finding the thread on PM but im sure all of them that informed TB of the situation, had theres replace/fixed.... but it was a while ago that that popped up so i couldnt be 100% sure.

Latest posts

Back