tdr 125 engine swap

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricky1961

Reaction score
hi tech masters my son has a TDR 125 , its a MODELwyay-OX vin-QSLL000000004613 and its made by the WUYIAN SPORTS EQUIPMENT CO LTD ZHE JIANG CHINA its useing heaps of oil blowing blue smoke so the oil rings are shot but still go's great apart from have to reg cleaning the carby but the amount of oil its useing has to be from else where as its useing to much to be going out the exhaust when we pressure cleaned itto day as it was covered in heaps of mud and built up oil we found a big crack at the bottom of the crank case and can now see the oil slowly comming out of it now the question is there any other chinese eng that will fit this frame and the rubber mounts in the eng mountings in the crank case are shot as well from oil getting into them as well si instead of fixing all this id rather just pick up another motor and put that in if any other will fitIMG_0813[1].JPGIMG_0811[1].JPGIMG_0812[1].JPGIMG_0810[1].JPG
any help be most appreciated cheers tricky

My old custom Orion had the same frame as yours.
I fitted a Lifan 150 into it, it required a new clutch cable to suit the rear clutched engine, and an oil cooler too.
The only problem i had was the clutch arm touched the frame.
iirc i had to bend the clutch arm down about 5mm? for it to work correctly.
Have a look at my build thread for it, the link is below in my signature
So i think you'd be able to fit most pitbike engines in.
Not a lot of them use the rubbers in the top and back mounts either, so that wont be a problem for you.

Latest posts

Back