TDR DX Ducar 125cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Motul 4t is the best oil to use in minis, no matter if it's a big dollar crf or the cheapest ebay shitbox you can find...
cheap and nasty as your bike may be, do the initial set up on it properly, maintain it, and dont use it for something it's not designed for, and you'll get plenty of use from it.
welcome to Miniriders!!

I use castrol activ 4t, good oil/good price

1)just load the engine heaps without revving it out completely, accelerate hard all the way into fourth then engine brake all the back to second without compression locking it, then accelerate hard all the way up, repeat etc.
dump the oil after an hour or so of this and check the valve clearance.
2)then just ride the thing, load it hard, use engine braking as much as possible. don't worry about it too much just have fun and don't thrash it, but don't granny it either. dump the oil and check the valves again after 2 hours. repeat #2

*waits for someone to come along say that's not how it's done* :rolleyes:

edit: almost forgot, after you start it up for the first time ride it around for 5mins to get the temp up, then let it cool down completely. then let it cool down completely after about 30min ride.

Last edited:
thanks for the help.
should i run in the engine with the oil it comes with then change to the good oil?

id change it straight away, the stuff it comes with is very thin and crappy, change it with the good stuff ;)

interesting sagaone, dunno what to think about that lol

mate could you put some pics up when you get her too,always wanted to see them brand new

hey
I have just bought a new TDR DX 125 Ducar and i was wondering what would be the best oil to use and how to run the engine in properley?
what are your thoughts of the bike?
It was only $500 delivered so i know its not that great
http://i10.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/57/36/7702_10.JPG

i have the same TDR shitbox 400 + 15 insurance +85 i put castrol premium 20w 50 i threshed it only a lil bit and it a semi auto and the gears were sliping so i found this lil alen key bolt that has came loose and i tightned it and the gears were much tight and didnt slip anymore plus it was leaking oil but it stopped

yep that is the best break in read up ever.. i came across that a year or so ago.

but basically you break an engine in the same way you plan on riding it..

i have the same TDR shitbox 400 + 15 insurance +85 i put castrol premium 20w 50 i threshed it only a lil bit and it a semi auto and the gears were sliping so i found this lil alen key bolt that has came loose and i tightned it and the gears were much tight and didnt slip anymore plus it was leaking oil but it stopped

that oil you talking about is synthetic isnt it?

Latest posts

Back