TDR- online pit bike store

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i thinks its better to keep our money in Australia and support our local 50 dealers

Very good point and I would prefer to buy from an Aussie company but sometimes its not that easy to get the wide range of parts here at a competitive price so people are forced to look overseas where they can get it cheaper. As the industry grows here, the range of parts available and the prices of them will hopefully get better but in order for that to happen we need to support the shops we have as they support us in many ways and they will keep growing as long as we keep supporting them.

Customer service and communication from some Australian companies shits all over any chinaman. Yes I am mainly referring to MSO because so far in this thread there has been a lot of praise for ykjohnson but there are still a number of people that do not get replies from him. I dont think there has ever been an email or phone call to MSO that has gone unreplied and I would be confident in saying most replies from MSO would be within 24 hours.

In short, support Aussie companies as often as possible!

Yes I have to agree that Linda at MSO is very friendly and helpful in her email replies ... When I was looking around for 730 mm AS-01's , she didn't have any in stock but still took the time to answer my questions ... BUT ykjohnson was the ONLY one who had exactly what I wanted and supplied it to my full satisfaction ... People should most definitely support Aussie sellers wherever they possibly can ... in saying that ... they are also sending their money off to China (where the parts originate) and if they're paying off an expensive mortgage for a fancy house ... they are sending most of the interest (which can be double the value of weekly rent) ... over to the USA ...

In stating that ... Australia is VERY dependent on China buying our raw materials off us ... They buy our coal and ore , turn it into usable products , then ship it back to us ... If everyone in OZ stopped buying their products ... our mining industry would suffer dearly ... We pit bikers actually help Australia out quite a lot as far as trading with China goes but we are getting a raw deal from our government as far as legal places to ride goes ...

Part of the reason for the economic boom was that people were excited about life and spending their money on recreational goods (offroad motorcycles , TV's , computers , X-Box type games etc etc ) plus other useless things they don't really need ... :p ... You don't need to be an Einstein to see that once everyone had achieved what they wanted ... they'd back their spending off ...

A lot of those people who bought dirt bikes will end up disappointed that there's nowhere legal to use them and with people getting fined ... many others will say "f' it , why bother" ... The main thing is that once people have the bike they wanted , they'll also stop buying ... and due to the fact that they have nowhere to ride ... their bikes don't need spare parts or replacing ... So in not providing places to ride legally ... the government is contributing to the countries economic downfall ... they are thwarting the "flow on effect" that would be created by the need for spare parts , repairs , fuel etc etc ...

I just had to get that said ... I think Kevin Rudd is wisening up in the fact that he has given pensioners a bonus , stating that "They're the least likely to squander it and will more than likely spend it around the local community" ...

I'd say ykjohnson has good communication, he delivers the stuff quite quick and what ever stuff he doesn't have on his ebay store or the tdrmotorparts site, you can ask him to order the stuff you want for he will give you a low price. I just talk to him through msn if i need something. his msn is [email protected]. Even if he is a fraud, he is still good.

That's just it ... he's NOT fraud ... If the supposed real TDR was actually manufacturing superior quality or specialty parts with their logo on them and patenting and trade mark registering them , and ykjohnson was selling those , then he would be committing fraud ... but as it stands ... it's like somebody trying to claim that another rip off artist is selling "their brand" of unmarked apples which they themselves get off various different farmers ...

Another "side effect" of there being very few legal places to recreational ride pit bikes is that when people need parts ... there is NO urgency or hurry to get their bike going again ... As a result , they have plenty of time to wait for cheaper priced parts to be shipped rather than race out to their nearest store that day and pay a higher price ...

The shops would have to offer something "special" such as free fitting and setting up of the parts they sell or something like that to justify their higher prices ...

Latest posts

Back