the 140 xr splutterPLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

five o nut

Reaction score
hi miniriders need some help my new bike coughs and splutters after 1/4 turn of throttle ive changed carbs,plugs,coil,adjustened carb settings,irk points settings ,warmed the motor for over a half an hour,changed the oil,aND IT STILL RUNS LIKE A BAG OF POO ,the bike is new out of the box the only thing that i havent replaced is the black box between coi:confused: l and irk can any one help

hmmm all the luck when a honda rider gives a china a chance.Tough break ay five o nut , i would say its the pilot jet (or main jet forget what affects fuel delivery at 1/4 turn) but since you say youve changed the carb then??? my old lifan 124cc had the same problem i tried a new carb and it didnt do shit so I destroyed that motor and got a new one , i couldnt pick the problem either

Could be a few things.

Riding with choke on (it happens)
Dodgy wiring
Dodgy cdi
Dodgy coil
Dodgy IRK
Valve clearance could be an issue.

But first of all. Make sure your not getting confused with On and Off with your choke. It wouldnt surprise me if this is your problem.

Could be a few things.

Riding with choke on (it happens)
Dodgy wiring
Dodgy cdi
Dodgy coil
Dodgy IRK
Valve clearance could be an issue.

But first of all. Make sure your not getting confused with On and Off with your choke. It wouldnt surprise me if this is your problem.
nah mate i know what a choke is

hmmm all the luck when a honda rider gives a china a chance.Tough break ay five o nut , i would say its the pilot jet (or main jet forget what affects fuel delivery at 1/4 turn) but since you say youve changed the carb then??? my old lifan 124cc had the same problem i tried a new carb and it didnt do shit so I destroyed that motor and got a new one , i couldnt pick the problem either
noodle boxes hey lucky i took my 2 HONDAs to black duck with me

have you rejetted your carbie or just played with the adjusters?
mine does the same but i havn't had a chance to rejet it due to melting of the oil cooler line on first real big ride. I have a topic in the tech section about rejetting it and trying to work out what should be the best base setup.

I did however post up what the XR140's come out at standard and the knowledgeable people told me the jets were all wrong.

have you rejetted your carbie or just played with the adjusters?
mine does the same but i havn't had a chance to rejet it due to melting of the oil cooler line on first real big ride. I have a topic in the tech section about rejetting it and trying to work out what should be the best base setup.

I did however post up what the XR140's come out at standard and the knowledgeable people told me the jets were all wrong.
nah havent fucked around with jetting ,changed carbs ...didnt know you could get diff jets for knock off carbs

dude dont worry about different jets etc, everyone elses xr is running fine stock.

Did you clean the airfilter, if so, what with?

dude dont worry about different jets etc, everyone elses xr is running fine stock.

really? not meaning to sound like a dick but mine is stock and runs like crap aswel. Most people either just deal with it or don't realize its not supposed to be like that.

If your bike is a 08 model (1P56FMJ lifan) then this topic will apply to you.
http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/tech-talk/13871-jetting-setup-lifan-1p56fmj-engine.html
once i get this oil cooler problem sorted I will be updating it as i change my jetting setup.

If you have covered your airfilter with oil, I have covered it in too much countless times and it restricted the airflow.

Otherwise, try the pilot jet and pilot screw.

some stuff stolen from jetting topic that i linked to already
First ...there is no Mikuni 100# main !!...if the size in your carb is like in Keihin then it will be a tad to small and the pilot will be muuuuch to small...you need at least a 38# and the needleclip has to be always in the middle ...its easier to check this way!!

tried a new black box off the irk no go ,im gonna try changin the rotor next

Latest posts

Back