The 160 transplant

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B3RG

Reaction score
Hi fellow Mini Riders,

Just thought I'd share what I'm up to and hope that anyone with any feedback can help along the way.

A bit of background, I purchased my fist "pitbike" back in 2006-07 it was a Lifan 125cc, Back then I had no idea what it was but I do remember it only being $360 Delivered to my door, my mate got the LEI- zongshen 140 for $100 more brand new.

These things lasted up until I sold mine last year. Now I have the bug to get another one.

So I went and got a 2nd hand DPro with a z160Ho in it

Put A sticker kit on it, little light bar and it goes great.

Now I didn't really like the short wheel base and got this for a steal

It had a blown engine, which I might tinker with but in the mean time the plan is this.....

I'm going to put the z160Ho engine in the roller frame, and attach a oko 26mm carb (the whole kit from DHZ if they get it back in stock) or just the carby itself.

Then for the old one I'm going to put the this in.

New 2012 GPX 125CC RACE ENGINE ? Buy Online Australia at DHZ

So that's the plan, basically have 2 fun little pocket rockets.
Also thank you to the guys that have helped already and suggested I start this thread too. Cheers
I'll keep yo updated and if you can suggest anything please let me know.

Cheers

Last edited:
The dpro looks really tidy man. Does it still have the stock forks? A oil change improves them, but I wasnt a big fan of them lol. Having the dnm rear shock is a big bonus!
Make sure you drop the shipping oil out when you get the gpx, its crud. Do the valve clearances, and make sure it got a genuine ngk spark plug in it.
If you get the chance give the head some port work to ;)
Look forward to seeing how they end up mate

Sweet looking builds mate.

Looking forward to seeing everything you do.

Have you thought about an anima 150 as opposed to the 160?

Ok so finally have one of them up and running.

So this has the Z160Ho fitted, I have put the OkO 26mm flat side carby it has the Main jet #102, and pilot #39

I have attached a little light bar to it

also a quarter turn throttle, UNI filter.
This thing snaps off the mark now.

So I did have a few dramas.
the exhaust from the z160 takes a crf50 style, and this bike is a crf110 style, so I had to heat it up and bend a little to get the right bend out of the exhaust oultet.

the manifold to the new cardby didn't fit with the fuel tank on, so a little tap of the hammer to flatten it a little and a turn on the bell housing allowed it to fit.

so I hit that brass bit down and turned it towards the frame.

Thanks to the your inputs, you helped out a lot. my67xr, china911, gottagetacheaperhobby. etc..

now to move onto the DPro

I have that 190 TB cylinder and was going to get the head from Akunar to make it go. but after giving this a wrap with that oKo the thing hauls.
It would kind of defeat the purpose of what we use the bike for. Basically after a few cans instead of taking the big 450's out we all jump on our little 125's and stuff. but this thing is really going to wake me up.

You know after I ride it and get used to it I will prob upgrade the engine.

Will def need to do the forks, they are way too soft.

A cheap upgrade would be some tb valve springs in the stock head, my biggest gripe withthe ho's are their soft valve springs. if its simply a fun bike, the tb head and bbk may be a little overkill lol.

Fit a 1mm shim under each of the Z HO valve spring's, this will give them a better rev range, cheap option for the time being
And look into the Titanium retainer's too.
Jamie at Classic Honda 50's and DHZ both sell them

ok thanks guys, will definatley do this, pretty cheap and esy to do so I'll post up when I've done it. thnks

Latest posts

Back