The Bike Is Back!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky77

Reaction score
hey everyone

i got my bike back today fter 3 weeks of waiting
and it costed $490
it soo fricken powerful but i havnt ridden it hard yet coz they sed not toand just go easy for a while

but its making a clicking sound in the engine
i think the timings out but how do i fix it ive neva done engine work before so can sum1 lead me in the right direction thanks :)

Man if its making a clicking noise take it back to the shop, and $490 is that just for labour? Sounds expensive, what did you have done?

they had to bored the thing out and put a bigger piston in and put inner rotor kit in and make a copper gasket
and they gave me sum free stickers with it aswell lol
but does anyone know what the clicking sound is
is it the timing ????

under excelaration, or just idle... this has been said before! it is only occuring whilst its idling because the timing chain has some slack in it, and these chains get tension with more oil pressure... ie when ur excelarating

it sounds like u got riped off! 490!

yeh its only doing it in idle
i cant here it doing it wen im acually riding.
so is there a way of tensioning the chain?

So $490 wasn't even including buying the headkit or inner rotor kit? You should've just sold the Lifan and bought a Motovert Outlaw motor for $999

As for the problem take it back to the shop. obviously they have made a fuckup and when you paid $490 they should have to fix it.

i suplied the irk and bigger piston.

$490 was for 5 hours work and making the gasket and shit

hold on ill see if dad got the reciept

suss

they didnt give me the invoice

can someone tell me a way to tighten the timing chain?
i dont wanna wait another 10 million weeks by getting them to do it

sounds like your timing chain, if it was your tapets or valves it would be consistant regardless of idle or anything. as crazy1 said, these tension up with oil pressure, ride it hard after like a week and give it a few days, if it still taps after this time then take it back to the shop and get them to take a look at it FREE OF CHARGE.

p.s: it is a little highly priced for some labour work of which could have been avoided if they knew what they were doing but i do think that not so many people of this forum need be so negative and constantly remind binky77 of the price he paid. as long as he is happy with how it works and didnt mind paying that kind of coin, who are you to remind him of the fact that the price tag was a little steep...? if binky77 didnt mind the price, so be it. glad to hear you got yourself a mean machine binky, hope its just slack in the timing chain and nothing to dramatic. i would also suggest calling them now and telling them off the issue, see what their reaction is and base your decision to resolve the problem on that. if they say, bring it down and we will sort it out now for you, cool, if they say we will need to take it off your hands for a few days, then thats something completly different. good luck champ :D

Cheers, Tony.

Last edited:
sounds like your timing chain, if it was your tapets or valves it would be consistant regardless of idle or anything. as crazy1 said, these tension up with oil pressure, ride it hard after like a week and give it a few days, if it still taps after this time then take it back to the shop and get them to take a look at it FREE OF CHARGE.

will it reck anything if i ride the bike with it ticking?

Yeh mate, you have spent like $800 including parts and labor on that Lifan, you should've flogged the lifan for $100-$200 and got a Motovert Outlaw with 141cc Headkit, Inner rotor kit, race cam, 26mm keihin carb (better than mikuni), super coil, ported head for $999 amd 12 rear wheel horsepowaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Geezus, did they not give you a quote before they did the work?

its got to do with air being in the system, this is why there is not enough tension, untill it is under more pressure and more oil is forced in.... not sure how to get the air out, just ride it. hasnt done any damage to my engine as yet, but if it does ill be taking it back weather he does or does not offer warranty!

Yeh mate, you have spent like $800 including parts and labor on that Lifan, you should've flogged the lifan for $100-$200 and got a Motovert Outlaw with 141cc Headkit, Inner rotor kit, race cam, 26mm keihin carb (better than mikuni), super coil, ported head for $999 amd 12 rear wheel horsepowaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Geezus, did they not give you a quote before they did the work?

yeh well its a tad late for that aye

i gave them the bike they sed it will be $60 an hour
and they will be ready in a couple of days
and 3 weeks later i got it back
and they called halfway through doing it and sed that the parts wernt ment for the engine
wtf y even start the work if the parts were ment for it
they cld of called before they started and sed
hey the parts u gave me rnt the right 1s
then i wld of said nah ill take the bike now and not do the work

490 mate.. you got ripped, you ALWAYS ask for a quote before they do the work and you tell them your limit, you my friend got ripped. hope you lernt your lesson. and if its wrong parts just say nah mate dont continue im coming to get the bike, but we have to learn i suppose..

490 mate.. you got ripped, you ALWAYS ask for a quote before they do the work and you tell them your limit, you my friend got ripped. hope you lernt your lesson. and if its wrong parts just say nah mate dont continue im coming to get the bike, but we have to learn i suppose..

yes i did learn my lesson :(
when the called they were half way through and sed if u take the bike as it is there is no point the engine will be fucked so i just sed yeh just finish it

What is the name of the business so everyone else knows not to deal with them?

i wldnt say dont go to them for the work but i think i just got a bit jibbed but it wld help if i got to know what the $490 actually went towards
50shq but i neva got to see the mechanic

Latest posts

Back