The Lifan 1P54FMI is it a 127cc or 138cc???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kourt

Reaction score
I brought a Lifan 1P54FMI 138cc the other day to replace my Ducar 140cc coz i Killed the Gearbox.

Now im doing some research on it and some people are saying its a 127cc engine not a 138cc :confused:

Can someone set the record straight and tell me the exact size of this engine?

It has 138cc on the side but im not sure?

i recently bought a new engine of mso which they said was a 138 but it has 140 on it does anyone know if this is a 138 or 140?

If it says 140 on the head then its 140, if it says 138 then its a 127.

The motor tag on the bottom has this model number "1P54FMI". How the hell can you sell a 127cc as a 138cc. Just pisses me off man! Does anyone know if these motors are any good and how do they compare to the Ducar 138cc's.

Ive put the engine in but the carby mounting points out to the side so i cant mount the carb because its to close to the frame. Can you get ones that point backwards and not to the side?

The motor tag on the bottom has this model number "1P54FMI". How the hell can you sell a 127cc as a 138cc. Just pisses me off man! Does anyone know if these motors are any good and how do they compare to the Ducar 138cc's.

Ive put the engine in but the carby mounting points out to the side so i cant mount the carb because its to close to the frame. Can you get ones that point backwards and not to the side?

Yeah the 138 stamped ones are pretty quick. Mine keeps up with my 140 other bike. It feels way more sluggish than the 140 but you can get all the power down rather than just spinn it up. The 138 revs higher too so the top speed is higher. Atomic should have the straight manifold you need. Good luck getting any sense out of them though. English, Not So Good.

Yeah the 138 stamped ones are pretty quick. Mine keeps up with my 140 other bike. It feels way more sluggish than the 140 but you can get all the power down rather than just spinn it up. The 138 revs higher too so the top speed is higher. Atomic should have the straight manifold you need. Good luck getting any sense out of them though. English, Not So Good.

you got a ported 140 and the 127 is keeping up with it???
I would have serious conversation with the guys who did it:p ...normaly a ported one plain rips!!

They both have had work done. The 138 does have less power but keeps up as it is way more user friendly on the dirt . On the bitumem where there is full grip there is no comparrison

Ok put in a new Lifan 138cc and guess what- destroyed another gearbox!!!After just two rides!!! FU%K SH*T DAM IT!:mad:

Nothing really lead up to it, was on its second oil maybe fith tank of fuel- normal trail riding, not very fast as it was still running in. No waring signs just went from third to forth and got a neutral in between. Then when i tried to shift down i couldnt get it passed third, and had to ride 5 km back in third gear.

Since then i have been able to get it to go down the gear range but it still goes into neutral in between shifts and doesnt go down the range very easily. Has anyone fixed this problem?

DUCAR=POS
LIFAN=POS (with less power)

Sometimes the selector star bolt comes loose on them. Pull the clutch side off and have a look in there you will be able to see it. Drain the oil first though or it will go everywhere

Ive done the same thing sorta, broke the gearbox on my old bike in 7 months and the one on my new bike in 4 months, the guy at the shop said it was from shifting with a "heavy foot" which means being unsmooth when changing gears and/or stamping on the gear lever, its most likely somthing you're doing thats breaking it, did it fall on the gear lever or do you change gears roughly? What oil are you using, did you run it in very hard? Its probably a problem with the selector.

Nah trust me ive been very gentle on this gearbox, and hasnt had any falls or been kicked around.

Are Ducar and Lifan gearbox parts interchangerble? Ive got one brand new ducar 125cc a rooted 140cc, and i vas wondering if i could use the parts from one of these to replace was rooted?

Maybe.. I think the 140 gearbox is a little different though, not sure.

Latest posts

Back