The MR Community -INJURY SUPPORT

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with you krazed, how are all the self inflicted injured doing.

I forgot to mention my stack I had last weekend on my bucks night, anyway long story short to many drinks down and to many bikes just sitting around ended up with me in a dress face planting into the to of the jump we built here at work. Scratched my face up took skin of both legs, chest, and shoulder and banged up my angle pretty bad but all in all could still hit the town after it, but bleeding and bed riddin the next day. I heal pretty quick, this is my shoulder a now a little scared up the brown marks aren't freckles they're scabs.
enehy9a2.jpg
pretty piss weak I know but try having that down most of the side of your body and explaining to bouncers that your all good I haven't had to much to drink. Haha

Well I was feeling a little left out of this threa, and since I haven't been able to ride over the past few months I thought I'd have to find another way to injure myself ;)

After only 2hrs sleep the night before due to not enough hours in the day I decided to try and figure out an overheating issue with S1NGLE (my VR Calais "toy"), so stupid me put my hand down behind the thermo fan to feel what way the air was traveling!!! Stupid thing to do I know and unfortunately the fans sucked my hand in.
End result was me pulling my hand out and seeing the end of my middle finger hanging off!!! The fan cut straight thru the top knuckle and left it attached by a small piece of skin on 1 side, i was lucky that a mate called in a few minutes after it happened and took me to the hospital.

The Bendigo hospital did a nerve block and sent me on my way to the Austin in Melbourne to have micro surgery, Bendigo also said there was no blood supply to the tip but surgeons at the Austin said there was thank god because the 5hrs between it happening and getting there ment the tip would have been dead otherwise!!!

So after 3.5hrs of micro surgery last Friday night they reattached my finger and put a k wire through it so I'm back down there today for my post opp appointment so fingers crossed (pardon the pun lol) all is going well so I can get my ass ready for VCM next year.... I'll keep people updated on the recovery and may even post a pic or 2 if it's not to confronting for people??

Holy crap mate!!

Glad to hear you got it reattached.

Yeah put a pic up. Might deter other people from doing the same. ;)

Damn Trent, def need pics mate. Glad its all working out, stuff the car you gotta be ready for vcm so as of now you are wrapped in cotton wool dude:eek:

I forgot to mention my stack I had last weekend on my bucks night, anyway long story short to many drinks down and to many bikes just sitting around ended up with me in a dress face planting into the to of the jump we built here at work. Scratched my face up took skin of both legs, chest, and shoulder and banged up my angle pretty bad but all in all could still hit the town after it, but bleeding and bed riddin the next day. I heal pretty quick, this is my shoulder a now a little scared up the brown marks aren't freckles they're scabs.
enehy9a2.jpg
pretty piss weak I know but try having that down most of the side of your body and explaining to bouncers that your all good I haven't had to much to drink. Haha

Brendo you got some nice rash there champ and on the nite of the bucks party is awesome, that's exactly how it is meant to pan out mate, sounds like you had some fun if not to painful fun.

Cheers mate, yeah was an awesome night. Mate got dared to backflip into the creek behind work and pussied out so I had to get the 160 out and show off didn't I, but not all went to plan. Someone had to take one for the team.

ok so heres the only pic thats been taken of my finger just prior to going in for micro surgery

IMG_3366.jpg

went back to melb friday for my post opp appointment and so far so good, had the backslab taken off and a splint made up as well as some physio so fingers crossed (pardon the pun) all keeps going well. the wire comes out in 5 weeks then hopefully not to long after that i can get back on the bike

*throws up in mouth* So that's what it loooks like when you hit a thermo fan.

Bad luck mate hopefully you fix up well

damn trent, you did a good job, looks like you got lucky there wasnt more than one finger caught up in there lad, and stop dropping those finger puns:action-smiley-033: wish my nails were that pretty, but there apart of my diet.
thanks for the pic mate

Cheers guys, that poor hand is lucky it still works. I've broken it in 4 places, 2 of them twice!!!
I should heal pretty well cause I normally do

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus Trento that looks like heaps of fun, hope to be braaapn with ya next year brother, be good

Latest posts

Back