The next build. Pitpro for my old boss' kids!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stoozo

Banned Wanker of the Century
Reaction score
Well after selling some parts I'm all inspired to start another build to fund the completion of my two good bikes!

So this is the frame! Didn't realise the shock was still in it! Planning on filling it with the air compressor as oxygen is like 80% nitrogen anyway plus its a cheap China shock thats not even worth $15 to refil!

The frame it all pretty good and looks rather new the plastics are perfect so they'll stay the same! Have the other back type but might keen that and find something else cheap...I should have most other things only a couple of bits and pieces to buy!!

uploadfromtaptalk1405155968758.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1405155991833.jpg

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

Well I grabbed this today for $90 its pretty rough but should come up alright,hopefully it'll be a nice cheap easy fix/build! Think I might run with this frame its nice and small for the boys! Pretty sure its a 125 e-start ducar...came with a battery and all....of and one really good part that will be for sale and should pay for half the bike :thumbup: almost creamed my pants when I saw it!!

uploadfromtaptalk1405419460667.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1405419480687.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1405419502272.jpg

Fine ill spend 20mins emailing myself photos and transfering them to photobucket so you dont have to CLICK the actual picture.....

is that a Mongoose ?
what length is the red baron ?

is that a Mongoose ?
what length is the red baron ?

Not sure what a mongoose is mate only bmx type.....are there mongoose brand pit bikes? The rear shock is rubbish, the fronts work ok but hte seals are wrecked. There is so much grease on the engine number I couldnt even scrape it off to see exactly what the motor number is....

Um not sure on the length of the Red Barron it seems a bit longer than a normal throttle, it was basically dark when I got home with it though I have no heater up there so might brave the shed later to measure it, maybe!! The Red Barron was why I bought it if it didn't have that I probably would have had second thoughts!!

talked the guy down to $90 and the 125 looks like it will come up decently...hasnt had a whole lot of use, the oil was actually rather clean in the motor!!! And it actually has fuel in the tank....missing one rear plastic the seat is in decent nick but might talk to my aunty and see if she can make me up a new one in blue black....Should come up pretty nicely for the boys and first time I will play with a CRF copy frame!!

there was one of these on facebook this morning,
the top and bottom tripple clamps had snapped off on the right of the centre nut.
so one fork legs was hanging off to the side

there was one of these on facebook this morning,
the top and bottom tripple clamps had snapped off on the right of the centre nut.
so one fork legs was hanging off to the side

Its not that one, this guy posted up like Sunday last week before I wrecked my ankle. Asked him to save it but wasnt sure if he would!!! I think it would make a great kids bike! I think that guy today wants to rebuild that one doesnt he? Or was he looking for a new roller now?

think he wanted a new bike, he was selling that one cheap.
but i mentioned it because the tripple clamps are the exact same as what's on that bike you have

the cheap bangers are the ones that end up doing the most hrs :p When shes fixed it should be alot of fun

think he wanted a new bike, he was selling that one cheap.
but i mentioned it because the tripple clamps are the exact same as what's on that bike you have

The bike im building for somone else?? Yeah I saw it and chuckled...this looks like its been thrashed WAY less...its a kids bike, the rear shock would break in about 1 minute if I rode it...the replacement shock.

No idea what brand, probably a cheap atomik from ebay?? Lots of the stuff is the same on the donor bike from GooseMan. Someone has done the super dodgy paint job on the whole rear of the bike and motor, I think they used somthing like that bog spray?? Its kinda rough and feels like its got sand in it....then again it was Christies beach....Ill try do as much on this one myself as I can. Just needs a rub back and spary, carby im sure needs a clean. Front wheel has a huge flat spot in it....seriously why do people rid into solid objects so often, its not conducive to good health!!! It came with a freaking red barron throttle....so atm its kinda funny cause the bike was VERY cheap because of that....basically I bought a Red Barron Throttle attached to a bike type of thing for $90 :thumbup:

Throttle is like that one....

rb-billet-throttle-blem-garage_lg.jpg

Well she fired, didnt have to do the electrics or ANYTHING....replaced the coil cause it looked old. Then new spark plug, new oil, grabbed the clean 22mm carby I have in the shed and just pulled the old junk one off, Ill have to soak it in throttle body cleaner or something there is SO much dirt in it....

Vid coming soon....So im pretty happy at this stage, Hoping the e-start system all works since it has a battery hopefully a bit of water and a charge and it will be all good :thumbup:

Really needs some paint. Im so damn sure that is bog spray for cars that grey paint, designed to flatten out small dents in car body work, its really thick so its going to take a bit to get it back to bare metal!!

Didnt even need to call Craig not once for this, seems all the questions I ask has led to me learning stuff.......HA HA HA HA haaaaaa

You'll notice the big sarcastic thumbs up......

[video=youtube_share;GjVpia8vKDo]http://youtu.be/GjVpia8vKDo[/video]

just thinking, i reckon i have a couple of black CRF50 plastics in the shed? i'll look after tea.

Well made a bit more progress today! I'm guessing once chrome is pitted its pitted? Rust came off but underneath doesn't look to good!

uploadfromtaptalk1405845706055.jpg

Gave the angle grinder a bit of a work out...almost back to bare metal,rear disk bolts came off with some help from a big ring spanner for a bit more leverage!!

uploadfromtaptalk1405845748662.jpg

And I don't think there were standard!! Might keep these for myself!!! Massive twin pots...win

uploadfromtaptalk1405845902591.jpg

good work !
and it's good to see you using Norton sandpaper, a lot of people buy the crappy stuff and wonder why it doesn't last.

the pitted chrome, there's not much you can do there
is it only at the tops of the forks ?'
you could use some engine enamel clear over it to slow it down from coming back.

good work !
and it's good to see you using Norton sandpaper, a lot of people buy the crappy stuff and wonder why it doesn't last.

the pitted chrome, there's not much you can do there
is it only at the tops of the forks ?'
you could use some engine enamel clear over it to slow it down from coming back.

Yeah there is a tiny bit that is on the stanchions :( Im thinking I'll paint the whole forks black, minus the travel part and get some shock boots and just cover up the travel bit....highly doubt it will affect the forks to much. They actually both have damping still :thumbup:

I stole that from my parents cupboard....I thought it was crap actually....but yeah it does last ok, the grain is a bit light to be doing that much work though, just cant find the rest of I bought a few months back! Bloody moving houses.

Also wondering if its worth using that other frame, the actual pitpro one. I think Ill build it with the crf50 style frame!! Might be able to get away with the shock that is on there as the bike sits so low which is good cause Justyn is a short arse and I dont think either of his boys are going to be that tall, so the shorter style lower frame is good.

Well Im not sure whats up with the battery. It wouldnt really charge on the trickle charger, well at least not by the end of the week, got up near 2 volts in about 3 hours. So I put it on mum and dads car battery charger, it clearly says on the box for boats, motorcycle, cars, caravans....meh seems to be trickle charging it anyways, last I checked it was around 6v....its been on there since about 5pm. So not sure if its no good. Filled it up with water before I tried to charge it of course. The thing that is really freaking me out is the battery is not getting warm while its being charged so im thinking its a gonner :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back