The pin connecting forks to frame pit pro 140

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko1992

Reaction score
hey im painting my frame got everything apart but the forks from the frame. im not sure weather to just smash it out or is there something you need to do. does anyone know what to do? cheers

are you trying to remove the fork legs or the tripple tree's ?

the fork legs will have to be removed first, normally there will be pinch bolts on both the top and bottom clamps, loosen them and the fork legs should slide out.

Remove top nut off the top triple clamp then remove the clamp itself. You should now be left with only the bottom triple clamps and the stem. Remove the nut at the top (will be round with slots it in, use a flat screw driver and hammer if you don't have a special tool). From memory the bottom clamp should pretty much fall out once you have that nut off.

Let us know if you need any more info and how you go.

-You take that big nut off, and any other collars underneath that nut.
-Undo the hex head bolts holding the top of the shocks into the triple tree.
-Take the whole top tree off.
-The forks should now fall out from underneath the frame.
-Watch out for the headstem bearings.

-You take that big nut off, and any other collars underneath that nut.
-Undo the hex head bolts holding the top of the shocks into the triple tree.
-Take the whole top tree off.
-The forks should now fall out from underneath the frame.
-Watch out for the headstem bearings.

shot man

do it 2moro arvo wen i get my new forks aye

Dont forget to grease the headstem bearings when you put it back together,

Also there will be a flat collar with notches cut into it, thats the bolt you use the apply the correct tension to the headstem,

You want it tight enough so theres no movement in the headstem, but still loose enough so steering is still nice and free and smooth,

Dont forget to grease the headstem bearings when you put it back together,

Also there will be a flat collar with notches cut into it, thats the bolt you use the apply the correct tension to the headstem,

You want it tight enough so theres no movement in the headstem, but still loose enough so steering is still nice and free and smooth,

yea na i got grese and shit i no watz goin on

cheers it came off easy

Latest posts

Back