The Re-Build, project thumpy

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eichkay

Reaction score
I striped the motor out of the thumpy about a year ago now and never got around to putting it back together, after this weekend ive got the hankering to get a motor back into it... my mates build a killer pit bike track and i dont think my stock honda is gunna make some of the big hits.

The motor for now, 125 lifan steel bore... not a strong motor but it do til i can be bothered removing the 125 outta the CT70 (in the background).
img3116smpu6.jpg

The thumpy in all its glory, brakes a shot from sitting around so long
img3113smug0.jpg

img3112smdh4.jpg

Im doing exactly the same thing but Im trying to find a Honda engine, your projects are awsome!

sounds good, but im just wondering would you prefure the engine thats in the ct70 in the thumpy or ct70?

what happened to the brakes? anyways lets us know how it goes

p.s i luv all your projects the ct70,crf and the home made garage stereo keep up the good work

Looks great, I love a bike project.. I'm currently saving up to get like a 96 cr125 or cr250.. give it a bit of a resto :)

sounds good, but im just wondering would you prefure the engine thats in the ct70 in the thumpy or ct70?

what happened to the brakes? anyways lets us know how it goes

p.s i luv all your projects the ct70,crf and the home made garage stereo keep up the good work

Ive got 2 CT70's , the one in the background has my thumpy motor in it at the moment, its a runner but ive got a slight clutch arm issue and need to get it sorted before i use it, i can ride it without a problem but my mates will brake something , most likely them selves because its a real handfull and id rather have a motor thats 100% idiot proof in the bike

I dunno what happened to the brakes , must be some air in the system because there isn't any feel what so ever in them at the moment, will have to bleed them a see if that fixes them.

My home made garage stereo is left over parts from my 4wd's $4.5k system made it so i just plug my ipod into a ipod base and its got a remote aswell :D gotta carpet it sometime .

Im doing exactly the same thing but Im trying to find a Honda engine, your projects are awsome!

This is my thrash bike its got really strong frame/swingarm & shocks so i not to bothered about big dollor motors as im not racing it so this lifan i brought 5 months ago for $200 will be fine for bmx trails i plan on riding and i couldn't be bothered pulling apart the CT70 to get my modded thumpy motor out and have to rebuild a 2nd bike aswell.

how i loved that thumpy , that was not doubt one of the nicest chinga's i have seen to date. Sad to see it just lerking in the shed good to see now your gonna take it out for a slash

Ok , started putting in the motor today, slight width issues on one of the mounts , i had to get out a file and shave 0.5mm of the alloy off the rear mount on the motor.

First thing up was removing the rear brake leaver because it was in the way and making life difficult
img3122ssos4.jpg

Flipped the bike upside down pushbike style to make life easy mounting the motor :D
img3125sscc3.jpg

img3123ssyi7.jpg

Back on its wheels
bike-no-carbi-IMG_3128.jpg

Mounted up the inlet
inlet-IMG_3133.jpg

On with the Carbi VM22 copy,
carbi-IMG_3132.jpg

Full shot with carbi mounted up , took the tank off to get the throttle cables nice and neat.
carbi-bike-IMG_3133.jpg

Last edited:
Connected up RedBaron throttle
throttle-IMG_3142.jpg

Mounted FiveO exhaust and done the wiring
exhaust-close-IMG_3139.jpg

Full shot of bike with FiveO exhaust mounted up
right-exhaustIMG_3141.jpg

Plastics and seat on
plastics-IMG_3146.jpg

Rear Shot of the bike
plastic-rearIMG_3151.jpg

Fired up first kick , Which was nice, meant i got the wiring correct first shot, Still needs bash plate and pegs to be mounted and sprockets sorted out, this motor come with a different size pitch and shaft size to what ive had before. So i wont be riding it on monday it'l have to wait til next weekend.

Last edited:
Looks so good.

Gives me a really good idea of how the bike I'm building will turn out aswell.

Good stuff!

Woah man, those Honda plastics look friggin awesome mate! Where did ya get em? Off an old bike or somethin or if you bought them brand new, how much?

Also, how much was ya zorst? Looks sexy as

Latest posts

Back