The Suspension or The Engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kstevo

Reaction score
If there were 2 bikes that were the same price, which one would you prefer if they only had these differences?

Bike A
Fastace Rear Shock
'No Brand' Forks
150 YX

Bike B
DNM Rear Shock
DNM Forks
140 Lifan

In both bikes those 3 things are the only noticable differences...
What would you get?

Id pick bike B for sure,

The 140lifan has plenty of go, and IMO better suspension is more important than extra 10cc.

suspension any day
no point in having power if you can't carry a high corner speed or put the power down

Im sure there would be more differences than that, do they have the same frame and what is the price difference? If you are wanting to upgrade in the future then u need to look at costs. Bike A will require a $300 set of forks where as bike B will require a $500 engine. Its hard to say with out seeing both bikes coz as I said there would be more differences than just those 3 u mentioned.

yeh B anyday the 10cc difference isnt greatly noticible on a stock engine

Im sure there would be more differences than that, do they have the same frame and what is the price difference? If you are wanting to upgrade in the future then u need to look at costs. Bike A will require a $300 set of forks where as bike B will require a $500 engine. Its hard to say with out seeing both bikes coz as I said there would be more differences than just those 3 u mentioned.

From what I can tell (from the almost complete shet sheet) they only have those differences.

I did think about the cost of upgrades but I was thinking that the forks could be 400 maybe even 500 for some decent ones and a YX or Lifan 150 would be the same as if not cheaper than the suspension, with the Lifan 140 at about 300 now, the 150 would be a max of 500.
~~~
Thanks for all the replys guys, I was thinking Bike B in my head and yous reassured me of my decision.

Last edited:
One would be an mso (B), not sure about the other....Probably an atomik nitrous 150cc i think(A).
The mso ANYDAY....dnm suspension owns, 10cc is nothing really....
You can do things like race cams, oil slingers and IRK's pretty cheap to get the engine good. But with shit suspension you would need to probably replace it in the end....

One would be an mso (B), not sure about the other....Probably an atomik nitrous 150cc i think(A).
The mso ANYDAY....dnm suspension owns, 10cc is nothing really....
You can do things like race cams, oil slingers and IRK's pretty cheap to get the engine good. But with shit suspension you would need to probably replace it in the end....

IRKs are Race CDIs arnt they? What exactly do they do? Change the timing of the igintion... :confused:

IRK replaces the magneto and is heeps lighter then the magneto wich makes it rev up heeps quicker , and CDI's the only thing i could notice with my race CDI was the sound :)

Bike B ... you can sell the Lifan 140 new and recoup half the money for a lifan 150 , YX 150 or a YX/GPX 160 ....... you can buy YX engines that have the head casting altered to suit CRF type exhausts and intake manfolds .....

Apparently the Lifan 150's are lighter and narrower than the YX motors and 140's ....

The price of the DNM forks will quickly make you decide on the bike that already has them ..... :p

boith are shit go with atomik/ well known and bought by thousands of people, and 10extra cc is alot doesnt sound like alot but look at the performance wise difference between lifan 140cc and yx150cc , lifan 140cc is stock 150cc yx has inner rotar kit+the extra 10cc witch will help on the track

yeh mxb be is a fool anyway dont listen to anything he has to say cause hes ATOMIK is the best and welll known haha well known for breaking down and being shit quality bikes

for starts the dnm forks are alot more expensive then a yx engine
secondly donr listen to motoxxx he doesnt even have a mini

he motox, pull your finger out your ass mono better then i can and then tell me im shit, ill shit all over you and your bike. and atomik are better then mso/ mso are just a waste of money for the price of that best option would be to save up little bit more and get yourself a 2nd hand big bike you clown

Despite the couple of differences you can see from the spec there are actually quite a few between the two.
I have a Pitpro 140XR and ride with a MSO Pro
There are just so many things that I have upgraded on the Pitpro already that I would not have had to with the MSO. I ride motard so suspension, brakes, engine, blah blah blah all matter to me.
Its all the small things that really make the MSO the better bike, pitpro has barely usable front brake, mso whack a bigger rotor on to suit the caliper location and they are wicked. Simple stuff like say the throttle even, pitpro one has to be modified because it is a shit design and constantly has slack or pulls on the cable and revs your motor, MSO one has no issues. The exhaust header (might be different on 150XR) on my 140XR is poo, like real crappy bends, MSO is a very nice header with great bends.

Pretty much to the point that if I could get back what I have spent on the Pitpro I would go buy a MSO 140SR (I like the KLX ones because I'm big...) and probably wouldn't change it at all. Put my wheels on it and ride the thing.

Latest posts

Back