The worst thing thats happened to you

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geezus18

Reaction score
hey fellas,
im just starting this thread up to see what kinda of shit people have had to go through. not just injuries but anything! ill get the ball rolling.

Last year i lost the control to move my left eye more than a few milimetres. It was like i was permanantly crossed eyed. It happened all of a sudden and out of the blue. i was vomiting from motion sickness (as i couldnt focus) and was scared shitless. I had to go to Flinders hospital in Adelaide and have shit loads of test done. including: a lumber puncture (big arse needle in my back that extracted brain fluid form a little sac near my back bone...while i was awake) another big test was having a ultra sound of the back of my heart, to do this they had to numb my throat and shove a fat tube down my throat for 10 mins while i was awake. I also had a hew MRI's, eye test and what not. Basically after a week they narrowed it down to a stroke (keep in mind i was 16 at the time) or MS (very unlikly). they came to a conclusion that a small blood clot passed through a small hole in my heart (1 in 3 have it) and travelled to the brain where it got stuck due to the thin veins. It took about a week to see well enough to get back to normal living but about 3 months until i could see fine again. I was off a bike for atleast two months and i wasnt allowed to play ANY physical activity.
Now days i have to have a asprin every morning to thin my blood to prevent a clot and im STILL waiting for a conclusion and solution..still no idea how they are gonna fix the problem. One was is to have heart surgery and get the hole in my heart closed up. Im having another MRI in July to make sure i dont have MS....i would hate to look at the medical bill as it would be over $10,00 for all the MRI's i had alone!!!

so yeah theres my worst experience ever...wat u got???

shit man that would of been a bit sketchy......bad news in the riding comunity do people remember "vonny"?? anyway a mate of his is in a bad way atm, hit a tree 5th pinned, broken back etc. its not good when fellow riders are down.

I got married!!, Nah still am it's great!

Just the usual bad stuff.... been lucky realy

mine would be when i was in a car crash i brought it up in another topic,

i was 2yo a drunk driver drove straight over a round about an t-boned the car i was in it rolled a few times an the back windows glass went into the left side of my face, when the ambo's got there they thought i was dead because of the amount of blood over me an the large holes in my face
i ended up with 98 stiches on the left side of my face after that i had another 8 operations on my face to make the scars less visible last op was when i was 15yo now cause of all the ops you can only see tiny scars the doctors did a excellent job, so thats the worst thing for me

geezus man! that must of been so F#$KING scary i would of been crying like a bitch exspecaily with the lumber puncture ive been told its very painful an its good to hear thats your doing better

cheers man,
yeah i was sketching out soooo bad..i was thinking how i wouldnt be able to go out and surf or motorbike ride anymore because of it..but luckily im pretty much 100% better :) i would hate to have it happen again..all i can remember is that rush of fear you get when it happens and you just sketch out and dont know what to do...

Sounds like that car crash was pretty bad..at least you cant remember it (im guessing). What happened to the drunk f*%& that hit you??? i hope he got in all kinds of shit!

Yeah the lumber puncture was the most painful....it took at least half an hour to find the spot and for that whole time that were poking and jabbing and im pretty sure that the local anasthetic wasnt strong enough coz i could fel EVERYTHING not just pressure, it was also weird coz it was jabbing the nerves down my back and it felt weird as hell. The MRI's are also weird, and boring. Just a whole lot of thumping and noises for half an hour.

it's no good when you cant see

i broke both legs and cracked a couple of ribs when i was 17
i hit a set of doubles (a set that i had hit 50 times) to slow and made the choice to bail errrrrr!!! bad move
couldn't ride 6 months sucked big time

i hit a tree out the bush bout 2 year ago ended up 100 metres down a cliff (not steep)
i only broke my collar bone plus a few scratches from the trees

i made the executive decision to leave the big bikes alone and wen't and bought my 110

i still hert myself

go figure

Last edited:
damn, both at the same time..what a bitch. O well atleast you got to burn around on a wheel chair:p
When i was in hospital for my vision i started crusen the halls on a wheel chair after about day 3. It kept me sane, by the last day i could do wheelies from my room down the hall way, do a 180 and come back and then do it again and again! and also just sit on the spot on the back wheel yewww! I woulda been bored shitless without one lol (got told off a couple of times but screw em..i was bored and getting restless lol)

Daughter born wothout oxygen, didn't breath on her own for 45 minutes, nearly died, helicopter to westmend, intensive care for 3 weeks. She is 7 now and is very smart but cant move, eat, or speak. She comunicates with a little touch screen computer (cost $18,000-) and uses it to type, use the PC, surf the net and control the tv and is at the top of her class at school so its not all bad.
The day she was born was the best and worst day of my life.

thats real sad, i can imagine how much emotion that would of been going through you. The joy of having your daughter born but the fear of her dieing only minutes after you meet...Its terrible what happens to the nicest of people. Sounds like she is a special little girl and i hope the best for her :)

it was about 2 in the mourning and i was stumbling home after a party at a mates house and a cop pulled over and started yelling jibberish and crying coz i was under age and drunk i took a swing at him 4 more cops came in and i got an ass whooping went to court and they cryed at me some more.

then bout 4 months later whilst at a bush party in glendale a guy i went to school with got into a fight and the other guy was about 22 pulled a knife and stabed him in the chest he died later at the hospital thats was pretty fucked up.

cass38a
i can only imagine what you went and are still going through
you know the what if's
you are a very strong person and give you a great deal of respect for that
i have a 2 year old boy who is a absolute saint
i could not imagine what i would do in your situation
i wish you and your daughter well

I've had a few, when I first asked my mum about my dad, I burst out in tears at the fact that he was actually dead.

Another was a few years ago, when i had the flu for 6 months then out of the blue when Manengachochol was big, my mum thought I had.. I had to fly off to the emergency room at royal childrens hospital turned out.. The blood wasn't circulating cause i was cold roflmao, and i was scared out of my nuts.

Another time was when I had chicken pox last christmas.. I felt so bad since it was christmas time I had it for about 3 weeks and I never left the house once, Couldn't sleep or anything I picked like 3 scabs now ive got a scar on my forehead

Another time was when i went to the beach and amazingly cause im fat and ashamed rofl, I took my top off and went into the beach.. It turned out i got about 2nd degree burns, and had little blisters all over my body. Whenever I layed down they would pop and it was itchy as hell.

The worst of all was when my two uncles had a brawl over marijuana. We went away to rosebud and i was staying at there house with my mum, I went to bed all three of them stayed up.. My uncles had an argument about who was buying choof next,, The ended up in a punch on, my mum was screaming and they took it outside, My uncle Peter put my uncle chris's head through a car window and he started to bleed everywhere, Chris was at my uncle peters house at the time so he decided to go home.. We packed our shit and got into the car, Peter ran out and pleaded for us to stay but we just said we were going to get a coffee and never came back, My mum went to a pay phone near by to call Kaye [Peter and chris's mum] and she found blood all over the telephone and everywhere. We drove all the way back from rosebud to airport west in a night. That sucked

And what even sucked more is about 6 months later Chris died of a heroin overdose, He OD'd and was froffing from the mouth or whatever and his girlfriend took his wallet and ran while he layed there dying. I went to the funeral and they made me sit outside because i was crying so much and making too much noise. Probably the worst day of my life so far.

This thread is now one of my favourites, I like to vent what things have made me depressed.. Thanks mate

Oh yeah and one more, me and my mate were on our bikes at like 3am riding to a mates place like 15km away, I had a bag on and so did he, We had a bong, lighter, 2 grams of choof and 3 bottles of wine in one bag, and a slab of vb.. we saw the cops i quickly rode my bike into the bushes and ditched my bag [ fucking stupid thing to do ] , My mate covered for me with his social engineering they were like, Whats he doing? He goes "just taking a piss" and they were like "oh alright, have a good night" :eek:

Last edited:
Twisted testicles any1?

anyone here ever had twisted testicles? sounds farkin funny but is serious shit. happenend to me when i was livin at Cape Tribulation(60km from nearest hospital after waiting for ferry to cross Daintree River bout hour to hospital).was riding DRZ400 that i had at the time.

got awful cramps in my gut,felt like my nuts were in a vice slowly squeezin tighter. any way long story short rode bike 25-30kms back(in tears the whole way) to the resort i was working/living at. found my girlfriend and got her to do a full nut inspection(i htought i had a tick or got bitten by a spider or sometrhing) she drove me to hospital. when i seen the doctor the look on her face had me more worried then i ever been.

apparently tubes to ur nuts can twist round each other causing loss of blood flow. luckily mine had untangled otherwise i would now be a eunich(no balls). was sposed to have surgery 3 days after this happened but i chickened out.

Benox smoking weed is bad for you.I think you should send me all ur weed.Youll thank me in ten years.

hey thought i would add my storys to the list
when i was 17 made some realli bad desions ended up in a real bad way (out stealin cars, breakin into shops) all to try n get money for drugs n grog.ended up gettin caught spent 3 months in a boys home.
got out n found a girlfriend n she got pregnant.then she started to root around so we broke up n on the 12 of december last year i was off my face (i no..no reason to do wat i did) ended up goin around to her house n kicked the front door ran up to her room and said i am gunna kill u u slut...got scared n ran away as fast as i could got caught the next day n went into remarnd for 3 days n thats where i relised that big jail is harder than boys home anyway im still on bail for it n me n my ex got bak together n we had our lil baby girl mia lee dawson she is still in john hunter hospital in intesive care as she was 3 months premature.
she has got calcium build ups on her brain and she will never be able to walk speak or do anything that normal people do..
it hurts me deep inside to no that i could have caused this buy puttin stress on her mother.....
i hate my self for doin it now and if i could take it all back i would but it dont work that way
ive just gotta take it on the chin n keep my head up
this thread is the best so far guys
peace out.........dawso

I've had a health issue rear its ugly head on me. Bit of a family inheritance, but I'm not ready to talk about that one ... but it would rate as the worst.

The second worst thing to ever happen to me was to lose a very close friend of 13 years to a failure of the Courts and justice system.

Sonia Warne and I dated when we were younger. We went on to become really good friends for the next 13 years. When she was a teen, she was badly injured in a car wreck and developed a phobia about cars. But she braved her fears and got her licence. She had only been driving for 3 months, when a P-plater slammed into her at over 80kph in a 50kph zone. This particular person was on bail at the time for murder pending trial. During the course of his bail, he had committed no less than 4 traffic offences. The final one claiming a life. We were all so pissed that the justice system let this guy continue to fuck about until he killed another person. I got the phone call at work one lunchtime and my world had ended. I cared so much for this girl ... she was my buddy, and she was now dead.

I sat in the courts throughout this bastard's trial and he only got an additional 7 months added on to his current sentence. 7 months for a life????? Me and a few friends were restrained and taken to another room, so we wouldn't kill the bastard.

I go to Sonia's grave every year on the anniversary of her death (6 June) and her birthday, and whenever I feel like it (having a shit day etc). I guess the other hardest thing was watching this bullshit rip apart my friends. We all changed that day. Maybe we're bitter ... but I think its a bloody good reason to be. Its been 5 years since her death, but it still feels like yesterday. Some wounds take longer to heal ... especially when the justice system lets you down.

Last edited:
Dawso,
I feel for you dude, thats some pretty bad news about your little girl, but you need to remember that blaming yourself wont help your little girl.
I t is good that you got slotted for a few days in the big house, A big dose of reality is what it takes sometimes to get your life on track.
Now is the time, got your girlfriend back, have your daughter. Time to be a family man. No matter whats wrong with your little girl, I am sure she will put a smile on your face every day.
I have had my kids up at the John Hunter a few times as babies, so I know she is in good hands.
Take care of both your girls, and try not to blame yourself for everything.
My thoughts are with you and your family.

i feel for each and every one of you, some of the stories i have read here are truly heart breaking.

i have a few sad stories.

when i was born we also purchased a little dog only a few days after my birth, we called him Tuppence (tup for short). he was my dearest friend, best companion and i loved him more than anything in this world. he lived for 18 years, that is untill one morning i got up, showered and got ready for one of the last days of school before the big exams, walked outside to go see tup (at this age for a Chihuahau he had artheritis, blind, couldnt hear, no teeth and couldnt run but i didnt care, he was my best mate) it was a cold night just past and i couldnt find him anywhere (i always let him outside to take a leak at 5:00 in the morning and get some fresh air) i was getting nervous and freaking out, maybe he went out the front, maybe he is in the shed, maybe he is here, there, etc etc.... when i finally went down to my bike shed i found him at the bottom of my pool. i jumped in and picked him up from the bottom of the pool only to find he had been frozen solid, his whiskers were sharp, eyes frozen open, mouth frozen open, i still see his frost covered face which still brings me to tears. im 21 now, to this day it rips my heart out just thinking about how i saw him then, my best friend of 18 years, taken from me in such a crewl way. it must have been agonising for him to drown and still to this day i cry for him...

you couldnt really call this a day of heartache, more like a month, in a single month period, 4 of my elder family members died. when my grandpa passed, that was the most difficult to say the least, this was only a few months before tup passed away. so many funerals and both my mums parents passing within a matter of weeks, it was hard to see my mother in so much pain and knowing there was nothing i could do to ease that pain for her. just knowing your helpless to change how she was going to feel was hard on us all. the only time i have ever seen my dad cry was when we watched my grandpa pass away at the hospital holding my mum and auntie's hands tightly.

the only other thing i can think of was when i lost control of my left arm for 4 hours, not too big of a deal in comparison but i had no movement, no feeling (as i cut my hand with a razor blade) and no pain at all, no feeling or movement.) that was scary as when i cut my palm there was little to no blood, it was almost like my arm was cut off from blood and the brain. after the hours and hours of waiting the blood started rushing with pins and needles pulsing through my arm and the pain of the cut on my hand (stupid thing to do but i was panicing so much, only a 2cm cut anyway) after some 3 stitches and alot of massaging on the shoulder and arm i was good to do. scary expenience.

i wish you all the best of in life. i know the pains of losing family and friends, i know this pain better than i would like, i can only hope we are all kept safe and out of harms way for a good time to come.

not the worst thing that has happends but yesterday at skool i got into a punch on with a yr11 (im yr8) and i got suspended for 2 days and he didnt get shit, bcoz i got suspended mum said im not aloud to ride moty 4 2 weeks!!!:(:(

but on a happy note i kicked the cunts ass, he only scrachted me
ramdon005.jpg
thats the scratch sorry if its big

since this thread has also include more really bad things
iwill share somthing that changed my life foreva

me and my best mate were riding along a bush track on the old banger xr250 heading for river for a swim helmets on but no gear

anyway going along the track i decide to take a rough shortcut
as i was traveling along i sore at the last minute a high barb wire fence
i ducked..........

my best mate sam didn't........

was i responsable........ mabye

but what would have happened if he was riding the bike
i ask myself everyday when i wake up and remember what i have done with my life

this is a great thread it really does show the strength of the indevidual

well done

Latest posts

Back