Three is company, 4 is a QUAD!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foolsp33d

Reaction score
So who has a quad bike!!? 50cc 110cc bigger!???

Get some pics and details up, what kind of riding you do, what problems you have experianced or come across..

Will throw some pics up later tonight of the newest toy ;)

i have an older 110cc lei transformers quad, it ran well for a while then it did a starter motor ( i found this out after trying to jumpstart it and frying all the wiring) i have now replaced everything , BUT the new starter doesnt seem to wind it over fast enough for it to start.... there is a ton of spark but it seems i have recieved a dodgy starter motor and well as it took me 18 months to get aroung to fitting it , its my bad and will have to get another 1..... before that it went like a rocket, i ran it in for 4 tanks of fuel b4 i started giving it hell with my 90 kg plus the weight of whichever child wanted to get on with me... this thing lights the rear tyres in gravel , on grass, you cant keep it str8 in the mud ( much like a dirt track car hehehehehe) and if u keep ur weight over the front it will do circle work on tarmac... i will get her up and running again and have a go at posting some videos from the next time i have her out bush............

oh it this doesnt fix the problem im going to fit a 110 auto clutch 4 speed engine in her with just the basic kickstart loom for a bit of fun with a stick shift assembly

hey keep us up to date on what needs doing to the atv man, I was gonna offer him $150 but thought i'd let you have it cuz you were in first

im wondering what the fix is for clciky starter.. well.. the replay thing before the starter motor.. iv had the battery on charge over night and still get the click each time the starter is pressed.. wiring all looks to be standard, checked all connections and all seem ok.. im presuming this is going to be the problem and jsut wondering if anyone has an idea as to how to track it down further. Maybe im chasing the wrong problem!?? Engine is a Loncin 110, off what looks to be an Atomik bike of some series :rolleyes: lol..

Headmess.. Cactus.. im looking in your general direction here!!

yeh found the safety switch, and worked that part out.. its now permanently 'unsafe' ;) i'll try find a pic of the bit that seems to be where the power is 'stopping' ? it hasnt actually turned the engine over.. so i cant tell if A there is compression, or B if there is spark :(

have you tried to hotwire to the starter to get it to turn over to see if you have both spark and compression??

have ya checked if the starter motor is seized???

if it's not those relay switches are pretty crap i'd imagine buzz bikes will have em

good luck

ok tried for a while to see what was goin on heres a bit of a run down, connected all required wires back to the battery as original. press button(starter)..get a click from the relay switch.. I tried bridging the power over the relay, nothing, I tried direct power to the power(as going to the relay) nothing..

So im presuming im up for a new starter motor.. Bonus is I got one on the ducar 125... bad thing is I got NO idea as to how to remove it or swap it over! I also noticed that the switch block on the left bar is busted and has been taped together, seems to be a lil party of sparks happenin in there when the starter button is pushed to..

Hmmm Tempting to PO the 110 auto elec start and put something decent in there... but the only issue with that is then having to run A: a clutch, B: a kick start C: gear shift lever..

Oh man, EVERYTHING is loose on this thing! from steering down to one bolt holding the engine in.. and thats got no nut on the end!! just luck its not running and hasnt vibrated out!!

ok so whos going to do me a step by step to removing the starter motor and replacing :p

unbolt starter motor bolt starter motor back in

pretty simple yeah

there just a chain drive so side cover off chain off the sprocket on starter motorchange motor chain back on wire it right and away ya go

you say it clicks that will be the solinoid so you should check if your getting power to the starter first do you have a test light or multi meter ?
connect the test light or meter to where the wire goes from the solinoid to the starter and find a good earth and press the starter button and see if you have power there if you have power it prob be your starter but if you dont have power your solinoid is stuffed
also if your battery is stuffed it will have power to engage the solinoid but not turn the starter so test your battery to see what voltage is at the terminals and then press the started button and see what voltage drop there is when the solinoid clicks if it drops down to like 10-9 or lower your battery is prob stuffed you could even take the batterie into a battery place like r & j or bonds and get them to load test it

hope that sorts ya prop out

Hi all. Here are few pics of our 110cc and 125cc Quad bikes.

We have had the red 110 for 2 years and never had
a problem with it and my boys give it a pretty hard time.

The 125 i bought off ebay on Wednesday and picked
it up from Carlton yesterday morning.

Pics:

DSC00781.jpg

DSC00780.jpg

DSC00779.jpg

Cheers, Adam.

thanks N1ck I changed the starter this afternoon with one I knew works.. I also changed the solanoid... With no plastics on it, I did a test.. hey hey! it turned over.. ok to put the plastics back on... get it all asembled, then go to test..guess what.. zilch, nada, nothing.. guessing I pulled a wire from someware but buggered if I can work out where!! pulled it all off again, and got out the test light and tried to track down where I was faulting.. No conclusion. Having to explain to a 7 year old what eactly im doin on the way is testing my paitence.. but I will persist, now that I know im 90% there ;)

Will keep things updated over the week :)

Nice bikes Nostalgia!

How much difference is there in the way the 125 A arms mount up comapred to the 110!? would make it nice and wide if they were to be a bolt in application ;)

I have a lei moto 250 quad raptor looking one its for my gf to ride around and whilst most of the wiring has been dodged up due to previous owner completely stuffing it goes good enough for her and with reverse gear who cares if you dont make that turn.

Electric start is ace on mine would have loved a kick stat though!

I have a lei moto 250 quad raptor looking one its for my gf to ride around and whilst most of the wiring has been dodged up due to previous owner completely stuffing it goes good enough for her and with reverse gear who cares if you dont make that turn.

Electric start is ace on mine would have loved a kick stat though!

heyy zaffa i also have a lei 250 do u have a aupgraded battery in urs?mines a b!@ch to start and they battery doesnt last long

My original battery was dead so went and got a replacement from battery world. Bikes doesnt get ridden that often and the other day had the starter going for nearly 5 mins and still kicked over.

Maybe replace the battery with a higher quality unit.

Now to get rid of some of the vibrations...

Becareful of rear swinger to they are prone to breaking from weak welds...

with the rear swingers i have found its best to weld in a few gussets when you first notice them starting to bend....... otherwise i have also cut straight thru where the welding has weakened the metal and slid some solid rod up the inside of the tubing before welding them back together. now i can at least get a little air without worrying im not going to end up flat on my belly

I got mine all welded up with big phat welds from local boiler maker. Hopefully they hold although my gf is the main pilot on this bike and rarely gets out of second so not much of a prob :D

Latest posts

Back