Three Stand Merino Shearing World Record!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shearer

Shear Ability
Reaction score
Today at parkdale merino stud. Steve Mudford , Beau Guelfi , Bob White. Took up challenge to set new World shearing record for the most amount of merino sheep shorn by team of three shearer's in 8 hour day.
They end'd up shearing 1289 for new World record! Top effort fellas :)

I hope they were getting paid per sheep as per normal!!! Big night tonight for those fellas! :thumbsup:

So record set 8 hour day shearing. There is four runs of 2 hours, makes up the 8 hour day.
Break down of runs n hours of day Shearer's Work.
Starting first Run at 7.30am to 9.30am. Rest 1/2 hour. 2nd Run. 10am to 12. Then lunch brack . 12 to 1pm
3rd Run . 1pm to 3pm. Rest 1/2 hour . Then Last Run of the day 3.30pm to 5.30pm
That explain how us shearer's work hours are!.

I hope they were getting paid per sheep as per normal!!! Big night tonight for those fellas! :thumbsup:

Off top of me head shearing rate is , $2.74 per head. Normal shearing rate!. Say they be getting that for shore! , They mite evan be geting more with sponsors :).

These fellas shore hard all day. Great to see world class shearer's in action!! :)

Steve Mudfurd
Days tally.
99 , 98 ,97 , 102 Total 396

Bob White
Days tally
109, 111 , 108 , 104 Total 432

Beau Guelfi
Days tally
121 , 117, 115 , 108 Total 461

Cant say I've ever personally shorn a sheep, I used to gravitate to the people cutting logs at the show! Damn those were big boys swinging axes fast!

Whats ya best number Shearer?

Cant say I've ever personally shorn a sheep, I used to gravitate to the people cutting logs at the show! Damn those were big boys swinging axes fast!

Whats ya best number Shearer?
My personal best tally 237 in 7.5hour day.
Have got it twice now! the same tally just could not go any faster!
Long way of pace! me. Be like me racing chad reed on dirt bike. Be same kinda thing. These fellas are just that GOOD!!!..

good work, 237 sounds like hard work to me !

+ reps

good work, 237 sounds like hard work to me !

+ reps

Thanks man :) . I was shearing for muddy at the time too, was "trying" to race him haha He ended up shearing 290. So got left way behind. Still thats y they call it personel best!

The level of skill , fittness And the will to push so hard these fellas got is very unreal!. Elite Top of the shearing industry in action , Great to watch!

My personal best tally 237 in 7.5hour day.
Have got it twice now! the same tally just could not go any faster!
Long way of pace! me. Be like me racing chad reed on dirt bike. Be same kinda thing. These fellas are just that GOOD!!!..

Damn!! That's still a decent days work mate, not breaking records but that'll still make a real Aussie out of anyone shearing that many sheep in a day!!

I actually feel less Australian now...cant even shear :/

Last edited:
Cool thanks stoozo. :)
You can do shearing school though TAFE these days , helps get people into the industry that way.

The videos i took didnt work out :( . ive been looking on youtube , but no one uploaded any from the day. So meny people there!
did notice they had Go pro on bob's stand. Id so like to see that me :) .

Latest posts

Back