Throttles

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russbream

User
Reaction score
Hey guys,

As you know I am trying to finalise the new TTR bike design, Just wanted to get everyones thoughts and opinions on throttles.

Here is a list from CHP.

Please let me know what everyone thinks.

Cheers

throttles.jpg

i personally would want the transparent one as its an 1/8 turn but i think a majority will say stick with 1/4 turn throttles

first 2 are no good IMO 1/8 would be too touchy
you can't go wrong with the third and fourth, very solid units.
The 5th & 6th I still need to test, I've got one on my bro's bike and gonna try it on mine soon, maybe next ride

I got one with the wheel , think its the fourth one , and it doesn't have a very good feel . and never sprung back quick

And i have had the last one , and it was actually very good feeling .. except it ended up ****ting itself , could spin it backwards and it snapped the cable .. just gotta be careful not to twist it backwards lol...

but there just some bad experiences i have had.. both could of been prevented i spose

5th and6th one will only spin backwards if you set it up wrong, there's a bolt in the front to adjust the tension that needs locktight and a locknut,

3rd and forth also need the throttle tube locktighted into the bit where the cable slots in, otherwise the tube comes loose when landing jumps off throttle

wont a 24mm carby coke up the 155z?

but yer 1/4 turn will be best mate

yea vm24 is no good for a 155z, you need a vm26,
but better off with a oko PWK 26mm

and 1/4 turn is the way

The VM24 is a 26mm carby, the oko's are awesome if they
are tuned correctly and I dont trust the china's tuning them,
I will be selling the oko's as an upgrade part for the bikes.
CHP are running a VM24 (28mm) on their TTR's which have
worked so far, but alot of people have requested to use the 26mm

Mate, if you want to use our members to help you and support you in every little decision in your quest to deliver ''Australia's best pit bike'' then please show us all how serious you are and help support us by applying to become a sponsor. Until then we cant allow you to advertise your business in any way because its not fair to our current sponsors who help support this site and look after our members. They pay for the privilege to advertise here which helps us to keep improving our site so every ones happy.

Going by what you have said so far im not very confident that you can produce anything that you claim anyway. For example, you say you will have these bikes for sale by February, so if thats true then that means your not even going to bring in a few sample bikes for testing to iron out all the kinks and check the overall quality before you commit to bringing in bigger numbers to sell. Im sure it will fill everyone with confidence knowing that you just ticked the boxes on some website to create a bike that you consider to be one of the best even though you had only seen it in pictures on your computer screen. Sounds just like most ebay sellers and we have seen many of them come and go.

The VM24 is a 26mm carby, the oko's are awesome if they
are tuned correctly and I dont trust the china's tuning them,
I will be selling the oko's as an upgrade part for the bikes.
CHP are running a VM24 (28mm) on their TTR's which have
worked so far, but alot of people have requested to use the 26mm

well if you don't trust them tuning a PWK knock off why trust them tuning a VM knock off?

you find out the baseline jetting and get them to use those jets in the carby, fine tuning is up to the buyer, just like any other bike.

I*thump if you havent noticed I am building a bike for mini riders which is being designed by mini riders, the reason I ask all the questions is purely for the peoples opinions on what works and what doesnt, in no way am I advertising my products as I have not even made a finished product, I would gladly sign on as a sponsor once I have these bikes ready until then I must finish the bike. And no i am not some ebay seller who just come and go. I speak to alot of the members on here privately who have been a great help down the track.

If you dont like what i'm doing and think im full of sh*t then thats alright, i just ask you let me collect all the feedback and put it into action. And no I dont just tick the boxes and get the gooks to put a bike together and ship it over, I am have been organising some testing etc this January and I said I should get the bikes in around Febuary depending how things turn out.

Fourth throttle along, definately in 1/4 turn ONLY. 1/8's are too touchy, and will cause "jetting problems" (riders with little throttle control blaming the carby for the bike bogging..)
I'd be careful in choosing a coloured throttle, due to China anodising not being fantastic... perhaps keep it to Black or Silver...

1/8's are too touchy, and will cause "jetting problems" (riders with little throttle control blaming the carby for the bike bogging..)

lol haha....as long as people start on 1/4 turn throttles first there usually ok..

tho honestly who goes ou and buys an lxr straight up as there first bike they will kill themselfs if they did

number 6 would be the one to go for, but appears to require a particular cable... (90 degree elbow where it screws into the throttle housing)... given that will make sourcing said cable when it's time to replace it, could be tricky...
I'd use number 4 (top right), as they are a reasonable solid unit, 1/4 turn, and cables are readily available, and easily sourced...
just remember the Red and the Gold ones fade real quick...

The VM24's are NOT a 26 mm carb ... neither are MOLKTS ... They are BOTH 24 mm ... unless you're dumb and can't measure a venturi ...

lol I never bothered measureing a molkt, I just took their word for it, so I guess an OKO flatty would be a size upgrade.

and Sydney... If you want a VM 26mm you need a VM26, the chinamen are trying to sell you knock off VM's by the sounds of it..... may as well get the knock off PWK which we all know and love and is very easy to tune

Latest posts

Back