thumpstar not going good HELP!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1980z50j

Reaction score
I washed my Thumpstar 110 and took it for a backyard spin straight after i washed it and it went really bad.I give it full throttle and it gives nowhere near like it did before i washed it. Im guessing water has got in somewhere.. what should i do? most common problem when this happens?
Thanks

DRY your bike and your good by the sounds of it. Check CDI plug for water. if you have air compressor just blow all the electrics out if not stick it back in the shed shut the door and come back in a few days. She'll dry out :)

drain your fuel bowl of the carb and give it a flush it wouldnt hurt to blow out the jets too

and make sure your airfilter isnt full of water either

or another quick solution is spray wd-40 on all electric connections i.e cdi and plug and make sure you have a good earth as well

Yea mate this happened to me when I first got my bike..if when u washed it, u didn't cover the air filter that is most likely why it's not going anywhere near as good..if water got in the air filter it most likely got in the carby.when It happened to me it worried me out haha until I thought that water may have gotten into the carby so took the air filter off dried it and dried the little bit of water that had gotten into the carby intake and she was all sweeeeet again..

when you wash your bike in the future mate, always cover up your air intake and plug your exhaust. and invest in shares in wd-40 and go nuts with it after youve finished washing your bike

^^ yeah, and i especially love it when a noob joins to ask one question because they do NO research or SEARCH Function (im not necessarily flaming this guy) and once their question is answered with SWIFT helpfullness they disappear, FOREVER! lol i should put this in what grinds my gears haha
________
Wendie 99

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. actually i was away for a few days so had no internet access. so some of you guys should probally get your facts right first.

Latest posts

Back