Thumpstar or CR500?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yellaterra

Reaction score
Gday dudes.
I need some advice. I have finally got used to the power of my PY50 and was looking at buying a Thumpstar pro hunge 125 or a Honda CR500.

Which bike do you think will get up big hills better and which bike will go faster?

yes i very trick question...
any one that knows what a motorbike is knows the answer to the question.

the thumpy of corse
withstupid.gif

lol, you cant be serious....

Personally id upgrade to a cr125. U will die on a 500 2 stroke if your used to the py50.

What type of riding are you hoping to do?

The CR500 is a 1986 model which is older than me and the Thumpstar is new.
A 1986 CR500 would be a bit slow I think because of its old age.

The type of riding I do is sometimes fast and sometimes slow.
Sometimes on flat bush tracks and sometimes going up hill on bush tracks.

I think I am good rider because I can go fast and stop the safest way pretty quickly with using just the back break.

If anybody thinks the Thumpstar or CR500 is not the best choice for me let me know please.

if you need to ask this dumb ass question then you should stick with your py50 and then you can go fast and stop the safest way pretty quickly with using just the back break ??? woo hoo :)

I think I am good rider because I can go fast and stop the safest way pretty quickly with using just the back break.

This tells me you should go the thump mate , ya gunna need ya front break on a 500 ....you'll ragdoll without it .:cool:

Yea
Na, got a 89 model any time ya want to have a go email me.I'm sure you will get a leading roll in FIFTY WAY's.......By the way what's age got to do with it!!!

Ive seen an old cr500 in action and there is way to much power to use safely. IMO a cr125 has enough power to satisfy anyone.

Ok I see some people think the CR500 is fast.
Do they have a throttle restrictor screw like a PY50 has?

Sorry I forgot to say that my riding is sometimes down hills but I dont like it very much because sometimes I crash at the bottom.

Would a KX500 or a WR500 be better than the CR500 going downhill?

i would get the thumpy and then get a 250f down the track

The CR500 is a 1986 model which is older than me and the Thumpstar is new.
A 1986 CR500 would be a bit slow I think because of its old age.

The type of riding I do is sometimes fast and sometimes slow.
Sometimes on flat bush tracks and sometimes going up hill on bush tracks.

If anybody thinks the Thumpstar or CR500 is not the best choice for me let me know please.

The cr500 is not the best choice! but a top bike, mid 80's is the best year also, more power than the more recent 500's.

Ok I see some people think the CR500 is fast.
Do they have a throttle restrictor screw like a PY50 has?

Sorry I forgot to say that my riding is sometimes down hills but I dont like it very much because sometimes I crash at the bottom.

Would a KX500 or a WR500 be better than the CR500 going downhill?

Hey guys listen to this dribble. He's just joined and is just messing with ya. Give him nothing. What a load of sh1t. He knows exactly what hes talking about. he's just seeing how many d1ckheads fall for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
ud be better of with something 4 stroke! like a 450f!

do they have a restictor screw? is that another trick question!

2stroke= racing

4stroke = down hill up hill and everything else

Last edited:
Stay away from the 500, you sound like you will die. Also using the rear brake only is not the quickest way to stop.

I have a 6 year old grand daughter who races a 50cc KTM mini adventurer and an 8 year old grandson who races a KX65. Both can manage to get down a hill and stay upright, and both are bright enough to use both brakes if they need to pull up in a hurry. Apart from the fact that they are about 3 feet too short, neither would be idiot enough to try to handle 500cc.

Thanks everybody. Im still a bit confused.

I have enough money to buy both bikes and now Im thinking maybe I should put the CR500 motor in the Thumpstar frame.

That way I can go fast with the CR motor and still be safe going downhill on the thumpa.

Has anybody put the CR motor in a Thumpstar before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back