Thumpstar pitbikes?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AntNZ

Reaction score
Hi, anyone know much about thumpstar pitbikes?

i know they went bust for a while because of cheap copies and copyright infringements but most info i can find suggest they are reasonably good quality.

The new TS-R 2016 model looks pretty good for the price $2000 NZD.

Here in NZ they come with the zonga 155ho engine but i see in aus they are advertised with YX 160.

They have 4130 chromoly tri frame with cradle VS1 adj front forks 770mm, pipe bomb DW1 38mm exhaust, adj rear shock with LINKAGE!

Biggest thing for me is that there main store is here in NZ so parts are readily available.

Just keen to know what other peoples opinions are.

Thumpstar | Dirtbike | Pit Bike | Motocross | Quad | Kids Motorcycle | – thumpnz

The NZ shop say's they're sold out of that bike .

The Aussie bike has a Z155HO/Z160HO the same as the NZ model, must be a typo.

The linkage set up looks strange,
it's backward's compared to normal LXR's, Motovert's, Psto, and Atomik Comp L's, the pull rod's normally come from the swingarm mount?
Might work ok around that way too, but i'm not sure without sitting down and thinking about it.
Front fork's should be alright, no name rear shock.

Front wheel has a stock pit bike steel rim, and cheap hub, rear rim and hub look to be better quality, 7075 alloy

Last edited:
The NZ shop say's they're sold out of that bike .

The Aussie bike has a Z155HO/Z160HO the same as the NZ model, must be a typo.

The linkage set up looks strange,
it's backward's compared to normal LXR's, Motovert's, Psto, and Atomik Comp L's, the pull rod's normally come from the swingarm mount?
Might work ok around that way too, but i'm not sure without sitting down and thinking about it.
Front fork's should be alright, no name rear shock.

Front wheel has a stock pit bike steel rim, and cheap hub, rear rim and hub look to be better quality, 7075 alloy

Another shop here still has them in stock.

LXR still seems to be the way to go then.... So hard to get parts for them here, shipping kills me!

Latest posts

Back