Tight Clutch?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaym

Reaction score
Hi guys

My mate just brought an 2006 125cc Atomik and the clutch on it, you allmost need 2 hands to pull it in

Anyone know why its so tight?

Cheers
Jay

an easy one
all you have to do is put some wd 40 down the cable and keep pulling it
and it will get easier ans easier to pull in
if you can get a hold of some graphite powder use that because it lasts longer than wd 40

most china bikes come assembled with little to no lubrication. Cables included. Before I would even consider riding a new china bike I would take the clutch and throttle cable off and lube them as part of the assembly process.
Grab your self a cable oiler / wire roober from the bike shop , their around $12.95 and made by DRC. Preety trick things allow your cable to slot in one side and pull the wire so you can spray the exposed wire cable inside. I do this with my clutch cable every 4 rides and it feel almost like a hydro clutch.
Also you can manually adjust your clutch action via the barrel on the lever perch and the barrel near the clutch arm. Try this too , a bit of toying with these and you'll have your clutch working perfect!

Latest posts

Back