Time for a big bore

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack_rides_stp

Reaction score
ok fellas ,

Iv got money for a big bore , I was going to get the tb88 limited but I heard that the stock pipe sorta smothers it , is this true?

And with the kitaco 75cc cheater and a race cam , can I ride it with the stock carb . If not how hard is it to rejet (I'm not to good with that stuff)

But tell me what yas think

I just want a bit more tourqe and little more top end

Thanks

the best bang for your buck is def the Trail Bikes 88 kit with race head.

i just put it on my crf and it flat rips.

an exhaust and carb is an upgrade your going to have to do at some point anyways, so i wouldn't get a kit based around using your stock carb or exhaust, because you will be replacing it anyways sooner then later.

id get the best kit for what your future goals are, and build around that. it will save you money in the long run.:)

i wasn't gonna run the stock carb on the 88

well thats good...hahahaha

if you have the money for a big bore kit, then i'd say get that and use your stock exhaust if you have to (could remove baffles and such) and save up for an exhaust.

theres an old saying that rings true

CHEAP, FAST, RELIABLE.....you can only pick two

ok thanks , i know just the 88cc kit comes with everything thats why i want that ,

but just dont want the stock exhaust make it loose to much bottem end

hey mate you wont loose any bottom end small bore pipes give you GREAT bottom end and the after market pipes make you loose bottom end but gain up top so no matter wat you wont loose any bottom ;)

go 88cc limited kit with 20mm carb ;)

Thanks motoxxx jsut what I was after,

Will be getting the tb88 kit for sure.

Just want it more zippier when monoing

CHEAP, FAST, RELIABLE.....you can only pick two

So true...

Have a crack at the TB 88 limmo with the keihin pe rep carb.
I reckon you could get it to run right with the stock pipe just lean it off a bit...

Just grind out the inside weld on the pipe , take the baffel out and sand the header pipe down.

Or BBR ceramic + quite core insert from Minimotorsports.com.au

Just want it more zippier when monoing

i dont have any problems doin wheelis with the stocker i was goin for about 500metres and could of kept goin but traffic got in the way.... no dramas at all i guess cause im not workin all i do is ride my 50 around so just gettin good at it i guess and thats with feet up none of that toe draggin crap

Where can I get jets and what sizes

What carb is this for mate?

If its for your TB limited kit you can get a comprehensive jetting kit for your keihin pc replica of that classic performance. Contains a few jets etc should get you running right.

You only need to swap out the main and tune the mixture screw. I doubt you will need to drop the clip 1 down but?

Honda will sell the jets for your keihin replica , just take a main in. But that jet kit is the way to go!

can get from any honda dealer and go up a few sizes?

Wont he go down sizes if he is using the stock pipe to lean it off?
As I thought the 20mm carbs should be matched with a 27-28mm pipe but the stock pipe is around 25-26 I think ?

But yeh any local honda dealer but those jet kits are a good deal. Print your self off that jetting guide and get it sorted

What carb is this for mate?

If its for your TB limited kit you can get a comprehensive jetting kit for your keihin pc replica of that classic performance. Contains a few jets etc should get you running right.

You only need to swap out the main and tune the mixture screw. I doubt you will need to drop the clip 1 down but?

Honda will sell the jets for your keihin replica , just take a main in. But that jet kit is the way to go!
i was talking bout the stock one for a 75cc kit but thanks anyway

Also the carb with the 88cc should be jetted right ?

i was talking bout the stock one for a 75cc kit but thanks anyway

Also the carb with the 88cc should be jetted right ?

75cc will need to be rich'end up

My 88 limited was too rich had to go down to sizes on the jets to lean it out. Worked well with a 32mm pipe ( Huge!) but carbon'ed up plugs preety quickly on the 28mm

Latest posts

Back