Time For A New Frame

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mech_eng_matty

Reaction score
G'day Guys!

Geez, its been a long time since i've been on the Forums, but i guess this is what happens when you get busy with life!

Anyway, whilst i have not been able to find time to post on here, i have found some time to be hitting the bush on my bike (MSO X6R). Unfortunately, last night, i think i hit the bush a little to hard...

After landing what i thought to be a relatively small jump i sat down to turn around and have another dip at it only to find that my rear end was now sitting about 3 inches lower than normal! Upon stopping to have a closer look at the situation, what i found was not pretty; the rear shock mount had completely torn off and pulled a substantial portion of the tube frame with it. Unfortunately the tube has crushed as well so i don't think there is going to be much chance of getting out the Mig and patching up my problem!

So as the title of this post suggests, i think its time for a new frame, however, after searching on Ebay last night and going directly to MSO's website i have not been able to find anything to use as a replacement.

I am thinking of upgrading to a twin spar SDG chassis rather than get another single tube frame and the one that MSO has in stock is only for use with a triangular (A frame) swing arm...hence, without modification, no use for my standard swinger.

Hopefully someone can give me some directions to follow in looking for a new frame...please!!! i don't know how long i can go without riding for!!! Especially now its coming into summer!

Thanks guys

Matty

Thanks Hillz,

I checked out their stuff and acording to their website they only have 3 frames on offer, the twin spar chromolly frame is only for use with a A Frame swingarm and the other two are a little out of my price range! (They cost almost as much as the bike HAHAHA).

I might however give them a call as you said and see if they can help me out at all with something else.

Cheers mate

is your swingarm straight or A-frame / tri?

coz the MSO frame is spose to suit the A-frame / Tri swing arm but not the straight

& Mekone should have one for straight

Nah, its a straight swing arm, not an tri/A frame.

I just sent Pete at Mekone an email, hopefully he can help me out. I also sent Ken and Linda from MSO an email asking if they have got any alternatives.

Thanks for the help Hillz, your a champ.

Mekone seems to be 3 times the price of anywhere else.
H-bomb replica sort of muffler, Mekone: $350 Maylands: $150
Billet levers!! Mekone:$210 for a pair!!! Maylands: $37 each. etc etc.
They do have many more things than most places, and i love their frames but it would send me broke replacing a spark plug...LOL
As for the frame, dhz should have some cheap ones. Or maylands have the chrome frame on Mekone for $170 but maylands have for like $80.
Cheers.

Welcome back, I was wondering where you have been. A DHZ or Pitpro frame should do the trick if you want a twin tube frame.

Yes , Maylands most certainly DOES have excellent prices plus a great range to go with it .......

Latest posts

Back