Time to Re-TARD :)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no_crf50_here

Reaction score
Well sick of the look I have so after an epic road trip I now have some new toys to improve/change up my MiniTard

Before -
DSCF0084_small3.JPG

and the start of the after pic -
DSCF0427_small.JPG

Much heavier than it looks - fingers crossed it turns out like the picture in my head :)

Always been the nicest crf style china bikes in my opinion (that model vert)

Gonna be a awesome bike!

your running as-02's? should upgrade to 01's BIG difference ;)

I got the complete roller so come with MARZOCCHI shocks, and a fantastic feeling rear shock. Will be a build from the two bikes with some more HP added for good mesure :)

Will only be a matter of days before it's complete

Oh yer nice nice , even then the as-01's are fully adjustable which would be good for fiddling with all the track time you seem to have, pretty sure the cheaper zokes arnt ?.

More hp bloody hell .

Pete you drove a long way all the to my town Newcastle to get it but well worth it and can't wait to see it finished:)

Pete you drove a long way all the to my town Newcastle to get it but well worth it and can't wait to see it finished:)

4 hrs past newcastle ! haha was an epic run 23 hours or something.

Now for an update...

DSCF0431_small.JPG

I WANT TO SELL IT AGAIN - Dam OKO28 still don't fit the frame GAHHHH!

other issues
1. Front brakes don't fit (means I get to buy the ones i really want :p )
2. Rear brakes didn't fit till i hit them with a grinder
DSCF0436_small.JPG

3. Motor didn't fit till i attacked it with a diegrinder

i'm sure i'll find more as i progress

Good bits i'm really shocked to see how well these things are built. little things like axel spacers are small, light, & strong. How well everything fits together.

DSCF0435_small.JPG

looks great pete. you must be a happy boy. worth the drive.

did you have any problems getting the carby to sit up dead straight?
my 28mm had a bit of trouble with that frame.

DSCF0438_small.JPG

might take bike to a welders tomorow - they might be able to cut the inlet and just turn it enough to get it to sit nice.. don't know yet

Have you run yours on that angle and did it work? I'm guessing my only issue will be with fuel spilling out when it's parked. time will tell .

looks great pete !
i doubt the carb will work properly ,
if you were to slot the manifold mounting holes would it clear?

yeah it works, sometimes you can miss abit mid corner when the bike is lent over. if you have any problems in the meantime adjusting the float level might help. but in saying that it will change everything else at the same time.

Big50 is running this frame as well and sells full metal manifolds. i saw it on an 07 pro on the weekend. $55 but it looks like they need a hell of a port match job on them.

Latest posts

Back