too lean or not too lean?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, certainly is

443605292_o.jpg

Yep, certainly is

Sweet, i'll order a couple of those then.

I checked out all my wiring and everything seems to be in order, no loose wires, good clean earths etc.

I suppose i could just take plug out of lawn mower and attach that to plug lead just to see if it produces spark....

Yeah that'll work, as long as the gap is around .7mm

The NGK CR7HIX spark plug's are around $18 - $20 each, they give you a better spark which help's ignite the air fuel mix, and are harder to foul as well
The cap on the end of the plug can be removed to leave the bare thread at the end of the spark plug so you can use your original spark plug cap

Yeah that'll work, as long as the gap is around .7mm

The NGK CR7HIX spark plug's are around $18 - $20 each, they give you a better spark which help's ignite the air fuel mix, and are harder to foul as well
The cap on the end of the plug can be removed to leave the bare thread at the end of the spark plug so you can use your original spark plug cap

Cheers for that, i'll try that lawnmower plug then. I ordered 2 CR7HIX plugs from dhz $18 each and $8 shipping. I can get them here in NZ but they are $36 each!

So i put plug in out of lawnmower and straight away heaps of spark. new plugs should be here this week, do plug chop and go from there.
Spark plug was probably the main reason i had so much trouble getting jetting right.

What would cause the plug to fail so quickly?, less than 2hrs since new!

Cheap china spark plug, or Ngk C7HSA ?
Cheapy's are just cheap rubbish, might have just choked up with carbon/soot from the running/tuning problem's
Spark plug gap was set right to .7mm ?

Do you have access to a sand blaster, bead blaster or soda blaster ?
If so you might be able to clean up your old plug if it's an NGK and reuse it till the new one's arrive
Once it's clean, blow them out really well, and check there is no blasting media jammed inside at the bottom of the tower

Cheap china spark plug, or Ngk C7HSA ?
Cheapy's are just cheap rubbish, might have just choked up with carbon/soot from the running/tuning problem's
Spark plug gap was set right to .7mm ?

Do you have access to a sand blaster, bead blaster or soda blaster ?
If so you might be able to clean up your old plug if it's an NGK and reuse it till the new one's arrive
Once it's clean, blow them out really well, and check there is no blasting media jammed inside at the bottom of the tower

Plug thats in it now is NGK, C7HSA, its clean as a whistle and perfect gap, just wont spark!
Might have been a monday morning or friday afternoon one! lol
Dont mind waiting for new plugs, we are just about to get 300mm of rain in next 2 days!
Not ideal riding conditions.
Let you Know the outcome with new plugs. cheers

Latest posts

Back