top speed runs

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trashthumpy

Reaction score
took the old thumpstar out today and though i see how fast it goes and yeah 80kmh!

gearing: 15f 37r

has anyone else done this? of so wat u get? plz state gearing aswell
cheers Ryan

dunno wat my bike does (atomik avenger) but i rekkon it weould b gettin 80 (beats agb-29's atleast). i have 16 front 37 rear! ill get one of those hot wheels radar guns and find out..lol :D

ill get one of those hot wheels radar guns and find out..lol :D

Some kid down the road was pointing one of these at me when i was driving before, how accurate do you think they would be ?

i rekkon there pretty close ay...my sister got one for chrissy and it seems to get accurate readings from cars goin past..eg. cars in 50 zones come up with like 51 or so.

I took mine out on friday and got 81kph.
I used a GPS to test the speed, this is the most accurate way that I know of.

I have a 12" rear and run 15/41 gearing.

I also run an IRC which helps this gearing setup.

I'm planning on going 16/37, should get close to 100ks I hope.

you wont get 20kph out of 6 teeth change (4 back and 1 on the front is the same as subtracting 2 from the back or close to anyway) you may gain 5 - 8kph, nothing more, they dont make a huge difference, you will probably gain about 15% which to my calculations would be something like 12kph gain but in real terms, unless you want to nail it for a minute or so to really stretch out the top end, its not worth the small gain.

i hit about 75 - 80kph, not too sure but i know it would be close to that, we had a trike which went 62kph and my bike was flogging it on the straight so thats my guess,, 75kph. i am running 17/41 with 14"12" rims. cant wait to put my street tyres on and see how she fairs with the installed irk.

Cheers, Tony.

lmao those kids toy radar guns work, i ran 28 kms per house and my sister got 11 per hour, i got the car upto 80 and it was only 2ks off the reading... depends when she let go of the trigger, they r pretty gud i wonder how much they r

i would be happy as larry with a GPS measured 81kph from a chinese pit bike :)

where were these ~400 buck pit bikes when i was a kid :(

my little 137cc lifan has been 157kph.............. but it wasn't in a dirt bike

ive got a 16 front and 35 rear on mine, me mate was side by side wif me on his gpx250 ninja rekons i was doin 90.

Last week i got my bike up to 96km/h. It has a 14 or 15 front and a 41 rear sprocket and a 12" rear tyre. I tested it with my mates car down the road as he has a digital speedo which i reckon is the most reliable after the GPS.

Did the bike have any mods on it cause i have a 125 and it already does 96 km/h with the only mod of a new uni filter air filter. I not braging or nothin just very interested in wat the details of that bike where.thanx

was the speed of the bike in mph or kmh cause i just saw another vid and it said it was in mph.

Last edited:
it's in mph.............. i've been 98mph so far

Latest posts

Back