TPGS-600 125CC (4 SPEED WITH CLUTCH KICK&ELECTRIC START WIRING PROBLEMS

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickysquires

Reaction score
Hello mini riders my name is ricky im 29 years old an work in machine shop. I just bought a peace sport super pocket bike 125cc an they sayed didnt have no spark. But when got it they had the full wiring harnness was in a bag. needs a battery an spark plug othere than that bike look very clean Im lost lost where to start i dont have to have the light, turns, speedo ect. now I just want to see if i can get it running then later get a main wiring harn for it. So any help or suggesons would be very apperated please an thank you

Welcome to Minirider's Ricky.
So the bike looking something like this one-

146-76-thickbox.jpg

Specs-
Product name: TPGS-600-125
Engine: 125cc, 4 stoke
Max. Speed: 75km/h
Load: 150kgs
Starting system: electric starter
Brake: Front double Disc Brake& Rear Disc Brake
Front Shock Absorber: Up-side Down
Ground clearance: 130mm
Seat Height: 640mm
Tire: 130-60-10 (F), 205-30-11(R)
Wheel base: 1080mm
Net weight: 90kgs
Gross weight: 102kgs

Have you had a chance to check your electric's out yet, comparing reading's from the thread i linked you to ?
If you get a chance check how many pin's your cdi is, most common cdi's have 5 or 6 pin's
5 pin cdi-

268095_orig.jpg

6 pin cdi-

4202440.jpg

1st pic above show's the neutral switch, and the plug with 2x yellow wire's are for the lighting /charge coil ( they connect to the main harness and run to the regulator/rectifier

The 2nd picture show's the Indicator /flasher relay

The 3rd picture show's the regulator /rectifier

Neutral light/start switch, sometime's has 1 wire sometime's has 5 wires

20000101_104337.jpg

Indicator/flasher relay

s-l300.jpg

Regulator/Rectifier

Dirt-Pit-Bike-4-wires-Voltage-Regulator-Rectifier-GY6-150cc-200cc-250cc-ATV-Quad-Moped-Scooter.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks what but the the two wires running to brake/clutch handles do the have be wired in to new harness

I couldn't see those wires in your picture's
Guessing one side would be for the light switch and the other's might be for the start button and kill switch ?

Last edited:
20160216_164925.jpg20160216_164925.jpg20160216_164925.jpg
they. Connect to clutch handle an go in to switch an same on front brake handle runs in to other switch

20160217_031007.jpg20160217_030721.jpg20160217_030542.jpg
Will I have to have the gear plug I'm holding an the indicator light between gages hook up to see if run or spark

Where would the neutral safety be if I had it an I think the two wires on brake an clutch is a limit switch or something

Neutral switch is slightly forward above the front sprocket.
I doubt you'll need to connect it to check spark.
Check the ignition coil has a good clean earth to the frame, pull the spark plug out and earth it to the head or clutch cover, and then kick it over
You can even hold the thread of the spark plug and touch the end of your finger to the head and you might feel it spark

What colour wire's are running off the front brake switch under the master cylinder ?

Yes I got battery in an I got spark on side of motor with electric an kick. DO you no what kind of spark plug it takes? I'm going to run the wiring harness an try to tuck it in then 5ry give it some gas hope it firs up an runs Is there anything u can think of before I do that beside make sure it has oil. IF runs I might need a little help with wiring lights an speedo an tack ect thanks

Only thing that may make it hard top start is gum in the carby, if it's been sitting for a while then it can block up or restrict jet's
Might pay to remove the carby, pull the jet's out and poke a fine strand of copper wire through both the jet's.
Also check where the pilot jet screw's into, at the bottom of the thread's there should be a small hole that goes through to the carby bore, make sure that is open.
Blow compressed air through all the port's and make sure you can feel air coming out somewhere else

Is the engine a Loncin 110cc?
The engine model will be stamped into the case, below the sprocket, it'll be something like 1P52FMH
If it is then it'll use an NGK C7HSA spark plug

Latest posts

Back