track building tips

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crackatinny

Reaction score
well i convinced mum to let me make a track in the back paddock!!, problem is its in a shitter of a spot. i live on a very steep hill! which is also quite rocky so it is gonna hurt.
i has anyone got some advice to help make it more gooder? things like how long, jumps?, ect.

i have about 2 or 3 acres to play with, but most of that is way too steep.

when i have it half decent i will definitally organise a day for people to have a crack. who knows it may turn out awesome!

okay here are some pics of what i have to work with..

Image000.jpg

Image147.jpg

this berm is gonna be huge cos it is right at the bottom of the slope
Image148.jpg

the camera is level, just to show what sorta slope im talking about
Image150.jpg

that will be sick for a track to be on. sorta like mine.

what i did was rode it out on the quad to find the path i want to take. then go out on ya bike and carve it up and make any adjustments needed. then use what ever you have and start building the stuff you want on it.

http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/general-chat/18355-my-track-i-made-today.html theres mine i did all the with a shovel, trailer and a quad

yeah you can work with that, atleast you dont have tree's like I did! check my vid in my sig, Im in the hills so I had to make it on a slope too.

that is a wicked place for a track.....those rocks=obstacles, the longer the track the better be creative dont make it easy.....hills are great for tracksa

If that berm is at the bottom of the hill be careful the your not just building a dam, you should have entries or exits able to allow water to run down hill

yeah Flarry and Sheepy, ive watched your vids, they look great. i will just have to spend some time out there on the weekend making a good route.

i have some ideas for where i want the jumps.

i think i have alot of work to to, the ground is either hard as phuck, or slippery mud. there is one corner i get bogged in all the time and have to get off and push to get out.

that looks like a fun place.. i can just picture a huge step down going down the hill launch off the top! and a step up going up ;) have fun building would love to see pics of the end resault.

hmmm i kno a few lads who would prob b keen 2 help build/ride lol

sh*t everyone's building tracks up in the hills! I'm gonna be making one up in Bull Creek (if ya know where that is) gotta get of my ass and actually start building it though! :)

u cant even go to skool or get a job let alone build a fucing track

My number one tip for building a track is to hook up with a hot chick who owns a bobcat.

Please note that if the owner of the bobcat happens to be a bloke, trading sexy time for earth works is not cool or recomended.

That site will be great it is better than the tiny backyards everybody else has.

thast shit to build a track. cant build a track on slope liek that be the worst track made in history. and rocks on downhill track. if u hit them hope you have with ya wheels, cause when they dint and buckle not easy to fix

Hey Mxb do you ever actually have anything positive to say. For a guy who's name is Mxb you act like your kingshit. You really dont have a clue what you are talking about . The location is fine , If you got a tractor you will be sweet , even with out it it you can just ping around the area slowly and get a feel for the aspect and that sort of thing. If you got a tractor cut into the side of the hill and use silt traps made from starposts and that nylon screen stuff to prevent further erosion. Have a look at some of the downhill tracks in NZ , Those guys pioneer country like your for tracks. You can just cut into the hill and leave the built up areas for the jumps and place the dirt cut out on the outside of cut to flatten the area out. You don't want too steep hills for your mini so try to weave the track in s bends or s stages up the hill. Try to utalise natural lines and flowing features in the track. Keep it simple , dont try to build it like an sx track as it will be way to technical for the type of terrain!
Hope that helps....

Latest posts

Back