Trikes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yelloww proX

Reaction score
hey all, me and my dad want a project to do we wanted to build a hot rod but cant find the money as it costs shit loads, so i have deicied to build a dirt bike trike,i think it would be fucking fun as to ride...so my question does anyone kno of any sites that might have "how to build a trike plans" if so post them up, or even post up plans to build pit bikes.
(thinking of buying a 140cc lifin for it a coustomiszing it abit)
and has any1 got storys of them riding trikes of pcs of there trikes if they have one
thanks heaps
luke aka yelloww prox

lol how did you go from a hotrod to a trike with a lifan engine

why didnt you consider a street car or something, or at least if you do do the trike go for something with a bigger cc engine

im not beeing a smart arse i just dont understand how your were thinking of a hotrod which could cost $80k + to something that will cost under 2k to build

bcoz dad said hot rod/street car will never happen
so i was crusing thru ebay and saw a trike 4 sale and thought fuck they look fun and i asked dad if we could buy it and he said why dont we make it our project luke

eBay Australia: Suzuki TS250 Trike (item 200109410415, end time 20-May-07 20:05:58 AEST)
thats the one i saw on ebay
p.s i didnt take it as u were being a smartass
p.p.s i dont no who else thinks these look fun as but i do.. chuck a wheely bar and a roll cage on it and u will love life in the mud lol

if i where you id build up an old commodore or somthing or an old ford.

would still cost 40k+ tho we just dont have the money and its not like i can drive it lol, i wanna be able to ride what i build lol

get an old XD falcon, or tori if you can find one, rip out ALL the inside, cage it, extra radiator in the back, couple of thermo fans, some extra bracing here and there and start dirt track racing!!

mate, a trike would be fun, but consider the way you will have to drive the rear wheels.. either with a diff, or its going to be a single spinner.. which will be shit.. if its a solid axel... good luck trying to turn the bugger!

otherwise, go find a cheap little 4wd and get out bush!! go large scale mate, it will give you experiance for the real world.. leave the toys for the children lol.. seriouosly...

dunno what kind of budget you are looking at but this site has some good buys for around 15k...

My105.com :: Australia's biggest motorsport classifieds

thanks for the only GOOD feedback foolspeed
ill ask dad about the turning dif and all that shit, im sure he wont let me get a car or anything like that lol
thought it was a good idea but ovilosey not:( lol

Last edited:
Honda used to make trikes, they stopped as they were very dangerous. There are heaps of better things to waste your time on than a trike. How about building a buggy. Check out the Edge buggies.

I used to own an old honda atc110 trike great fun on the beach but as was said by cass, they are very dangerous. they were banned in the states for that very reason.
I have got plans for a buggy from the EDGE, but these too are very expensive and time consuming depending on the model you chose to build. It cost my mate $125 just for the plans, but these were very detailed plans, with a full parts and cutting list. He couldn't afford to build 1 once he saw how much the required materials cost so he gave the plans to me. Plus you need to be fairly competent with a welder.
So having said all that, here is my suggestion.
Build a BIKE! go and get urself a "motorcycle trader" mag or "Just bikes" mag, buy an old beat up piece of crap and bring it back to life. Doesn't need to be a dirt bike either, do up an old Triumph, BSA or Norton.
I'd recon your old man would be stocked and more enthusiastic as well.
At the end of the day it doesn't mater what you build, as long as it's you and your dad doin it!!!!

pegleg thanks for that, yeh i think i might get a old bike and re-store it, i have red about the trikes and here they are really dangrous, so thanks to all, i will post pics up when i get the old bike and give you be-fore and after pics
thanks

No worries mate, as I said, it's not what you build, it's who you build it with.
When you get older you will always be able to say,"I remember when me and my dad built".
Quality time to be had with ppl you care about....

Latest posts

Back