Trx90 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velociraptor

Reaction score
I swapped one of my old unused in need of work yard machines riding mowers for this and a e ton beamer which ive been riding and modding all day lol
The trx 90 however is in need of a bit. I have this air suction valve i have no idea what it goes to as its not on the fuel tank iy has an upgraded "race" cdi basically the limiter removed. And a little bit of work but im missing a good bit if anyone finds a few lower priced ebay items plz let me know. Anyways its a 2006 has apparently sat a little but also been ridden a bit. The oil is not leaking engine has good compression seems and everything aside from sitting and or missing parts is in decent order. Its gonna be a doozy tho
d7d7111599a223031a3df71e0ae21dda.jpg
a56d73beaff245f2f1bb61313fcd0ea2.jpg
the rear tires alone are prob gonna kill my small budget. However im still loving the little e ton even with two riders the lil fifty dont flinch.
df5c4e820bd3cf7d8c705d77cec8e27a.jpg

The tyre's won't cost too much, i can get them for about $35 ea here, china buggy's run them
Are they 18x9.5x8 ?

No 19-8-8 only places round here is cycle gear or a dealer that orders em ebay i believe shipping would kill me lol dealer is how you say i wouldnt buy a zip tie there lol they want too much offer too little and its a mega corp branch type deal. Cycle gear is like 65 apiece usually if IF they have it and its only one off type that i wont use in stock such as my ct 70 they had some el cheapo uber soft wear out quick stuff.. They offer more online than they stock. Ebays about my only option but heck its worth it and my wife loves it and knows ill have it fixed up nice....or at least she says that

Last edited:
Ill look into em but atm 3 tires as one front is dead is a bit much when my bills atm take most of my check beginning of the month and my work contract for my shop doesnt pay till next week or so. But thnx ill look into it. Any idea what the vaccum on off valve is for on these? Large lines ine goes to the air box on a parts diagram other to the cylinder vaccume as with all goes to the intake. I have no airbox atm so im lost purchasing a manual definitely for this as its my wifes toy not mine lol no exceptions

Last edited:
Well tires r gonna kill me so far as i may as well do all four given wear and rot motor needs a pull starter as for some reason thats all it has orig owner swapped carbs i believe as it looks identical to my aftermarket carb on my ct70 ignition cdi box is some "derestricted" ebay china deal that idk if it even functions anymore and front tie rod bumper ect is bent on left side lol oyyy good news motor has compression turns over i have full exhaust and most of it. Does anyone have any idea how this vaccume actuated valve hooks up and what its for a schematic shows it hooking to the carb airbox and cyl jug ...cyl jug???
80b153a297c1c46fa9d0b38a4f594164.jpg
i have the hose to the jug still
9f687889c0510fbc5ba44a834e5d6401.jpg

Its a pair valve apparently for california emmisions idl how it made it way over here...it is a military town

It's just a breather set up, the earlier model's had them hooked up to the bottom of the airbox, the later one's go to a T then back down the frame and up the other side.
Guess it would help stop water getting into the crankcase too.

I'd say most of the china 6 pin CDI box's would interchange, even Honda CRF50
Honda CRF50 Ignition

Yup i figured the valve out its called a pair valve for emissions used for an air injection system keeps certain gasses down injecting air into the exhaust valve stream basically useless and getting blocked lines lol in the us california emmisions over complicate and sometimes ruin many good machines But the cdi is good to know

Last edited:
e15404c2aa3352e544b692cae3f18173.jpg
9b5480c65471cd183dc8e504f17608da.jpg
d8c03ad9329dfb88c03a2d518a79319f.jpg
df388214a60afce29ae1532cba482ae4.jpg

Well i pulled the top end off it ...had a little water in it and the valves look ...ugh i think i may have a new head for it maybe...needs new piston rings cyl is not pitted so ill have to hone it real well bottom end is still full of oil im still wondering why it was parked maybe the accident? Seems as there was no front plastic and the front bending from a collision I'm thinking that's the reason. Timing was still dead on no engine damage other than water the starter was damaged but it added with the front left side impact stock exhaust aftermarket no rev limit cdi is toasted due to water its gonna be a project...but worth it esp with tax season coming

Oh and the carb in the pic i havent researched yet but something tells me not stock the bolts were even mis matched and wrong

No carb's not stock, should have a genuine Keihin PZ19.
That carby is mising the mixture screw too.
Cylinder should clean up easy enough, or use a bigger bore pit bike cylinder/piston (52mm or 54mm) for some more cc's

I took the mix screw out along with the needle ect. figured as much looks like a cheap replacement. I was debating the larger cc size. I may just leave it stock idk just yet.

Ok well im going to order a spanky new bunch of parts in the next few months shes already picking out plastics and hand grips lol. However ....... The actual previous owner ( guy i got it from didnt even touch it really) abused the ever loving heck out of stuff and makes me think he had no mechanical knowlege other than pulling the starter and crashing...... The flywheel had damaged threads had to skip the puller and use a slide hammer the crankshaft threads are beyond repair how the heck he kept it like that idk as there wasnt a nut in place the key was still good...lol but being that my shop works on alot of honda ect i happen to have the crank in my storage brand spanky new along with a valve head and maybe an aftermarket 19 mm carb(idont like the aftermarkets unreliable compared to oem kehin) heres a question tho i ordered the schematics and repair manual but its not here yet what the heck is this knob and why is there two nuetral sensors? Is it an adjustment? Had a yellow knob and it is a semi auto knob is on top right with sensors
cb63bb9cdca8fa1f4f08621ed6380bbb.jpg
0a4662cd42518f93bbddd7c1acaf0856.jpg

Mind you i traded a partially working off brand lawn tractor for a nice running scooter and this so still not bad. Im beggining to notice the owner was like alot of typical non mechanically inclined motorised stuff abusers he put alot of bolt on junk on it and plastered stickers but did nothing to care for it either way so far tally for parts bill is like 250 still less than a new one and shes thrilled wants to fully customize it looking for custom plastics

If you didn't want to pull that engine down i reckon you could even cut that old thread off the end of the crank and drill and tap the crank, then fit a M10 x 1.25mm, 50mm long HT grub/set screw into the crank (with a bit of loctite to hold it there)
Then you have a nice new thread (most likely stronger than the stock thread too) all ready to hold the flywheel back on (with a new High Tensile nut if course)

images

Not a bad idea but ive already got the crank and these hondas are easy peasy to me i like doing complete tear down and inspection anyways

Latest posts

Back