Ts185 seat repair

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monsterpitbike96

Reaction score
Well I went riding on the weekend was good and fun time but as I looked at my bike as we all do it looked ugly the tape seat so I decided to do something about it here the bike with the seat

This is when I got the bike about 2 years ago

nuse2y5e.jpg

I just had to fix it

qyjuvybu.jpg

4u8umeqy.jpg

I'm surprised at the condition on the seat pan it's almost perfect

jenyguna.jpg

Ok so the plan is to make the peice flattened out and get some spray glue and some foam and glue a couple of layers of foam and shape it and reupholster it the carbon fibre material for some grip

ba6ehyhu.jpg

That's the plan haven found decent foam yet hopefully tomorrow..

Cheers Joel!!

Ok so fabric like this

u2ytezuv.jpg

qy2uha5e.jpg

Clark rubber is heaps to expensive so I don't know where else to go maybe an arts and crafts shop??

Cheers Joel!!

well blender is my father. sandwhich press is my mother. and im toaster. food processor is my uncle, but he's is cambodia right now :p

There is Metal taps on the metal seat pan I'm thinking if using pop rivets with big washers to get a better hole what do you guys think about pop rivets with washers

Cheers Joel!!

Alright so I made a start couldn't find and decent foam so I bought these
maqu2e5u.jpg

Than for the seat I carved it down
5y3u6e8u.jpg

Used my mums tools

tupajuqe.jpg

So I used spray glue, glued the foam on and waited for it to dry
vypepehy.jpg

Used tape and just let it dry over night

Than I will be using that knife thing and an orbital sander will hae pics up after work

Cheers Joel!!

wow, nice work !
it makes such a difference to the whole look of the bike.
did you stitch it up yourself ?

wow, nice work !
it makes such a difference to the whole look of the bike.
did you stitch it up yourself ?

Let's just say I tried but failed took it to a fella for 100 buks seems like much to me but was ok

Cheers Joel!!

nice one, as my67xr said, it really does transorm the whole look of the bike! bet its a bit more comfy now!

Latest posts

Back