Tuning Molk Carby on XY140 Atomik

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattlock

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Need a little help, my new Atomik nitrous is a pain in the ass to start. Can anyone tell me if they have had similar issuse or can someone tell me the correct procidure to tune the molk carby on the xy140 have had it running but only for about 15 mins putting arround as it says you should for the first hour, but now it wont start, have cleared the cylinder, have cleaned the spark plug, plenty of fuel, all the basics checked.
Help needed Please.

Cheers

Matt.

by saying the basics checked ,,
have you checked valve adjustment ? .
the bike is not spitting raw fuel back through the carb ? .
what brand plug comes with those motors ? .

I would be looking at valve adjustment 1st. .003 inlet .004 exhaust. It is 1 of the most common problems for hard engine starting.
The Molkt carbie is in my opinion 1 of the worst carbies made. I found the hardest thing to get right is the float levels and to stop them leaking.

I would be looking at valve adjustment 1st. .003 inlet .004 exhaust. It is 1 of the most common problems for hard engine starting.
The Molkt carbie is in my opinion 1 of the worst carbies made. I found the hardest thing to get right is the float levels and to stop them leaking.

I have a Molkt carb on my yx 140 and been thinking about moving to a better carbie. What do you recommend? I guess 30mm would be way too big for the 140 but would 28mm be ok? Or just stick to a 26mm? Would I see much improvement in the ride by going with a much better quality carb?

I have a Molkt carb on my yx 140 and been thinking about moving to a better carbie. What do you recommend? I guess 30mm would be way too big for the 140 but would 28mm be ok? Or just stick to a 26mm? Would I see much improvement in the ride by going with a much better quality carb?

No larger than a 26mm mate ;)

For your 140 I would recommend a 26mm OKO.
They are a great carbie and will work on anything from a stock 125, a worked 160 and anything in between. You will notice a fairly big improvement with throttle response running this carbie over a Molkt.
With carbies its not about bigger been better. Its better if everything matches. so a 26mm will run better on your 140 over a 30mm.

Sounds good! Might have to go and get one.

I went for a ride on Sunday and it was weird cause when I start the bike normally I think it takes quite a while to warm up normally but this time is was even after half hour of riding it was idling quite rough where is seemed like it was too lean as if it was cold and felt like it was going to stall in neutral and then on deceleration it felt as though it was starving but choke was off.

Kept riding and gave it a really hard squirt and it seemed to iron itself out but I'm thinking it's some sort of fuelling issue?

Think i sorted it now, just played with the idle speed and it seems a little better, think i will do a valve adjustment once i have put an hour or so of riding on it.
Probly try another carby down the track.

Cheers anyways all.

Matt

Latest posts

Back