Turbo 110cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dabomb

Reaction score
Hey Guys this is my newly installed turbo!
turbos.jpg

I need some help adjusting the air fuel cause this beast lets alot of air through! If you have any ideas id like to hear em!

Cheers!!

as i did mention in a previous post about this so called turbo, see you are getting to much air for the fuel to be mixed correctly, to make this unit work you must have the best carby / manifold / big valves / port work / timing / pipe, all equals lots of dollars. just try cutting the voltage down to half of what it now runs at.

i reckon its pointless you will be disturbing the airflow if u need to slow down the fan use a light dimmer found on old model cars to turn down the head lights this will slow the fan down to the speed u need keep in mind if u do this u will need a 12v dimmer

here we go again, a turbo is exhaust driven, leave your puter parts on your puter were they belong, don't use them as hair driers for bikes.

you can,t flood an engine with fuel to assist the extra air intake, unless you modify the rest of your engine to suit [blueprinted] = $s

RD RACING said:
you can,t flood an engine with fuel to assist the extra air intake, unless you modify the rest of your engine to suit [blueprinted] = $s

true

javlin said:
here we go again, a turbo is exhaust driven, leave your puter parts on your puter were they belong, don't use them as hair driers for bikes.

hey! i never did that, i just said "what if". you need to stop reffering to things that never happened :p

and i know that a turbo is exhaust driven, but i also know that the turbo in this topic is electric

Being a 4 stroke, there "may" be something there. If you could fit the carby in front of the fan, so that it draws the air through it rather than blow, you may find it will be a lot easier to tune. If you note, that is how most set ups in cars work. That means you would have fuel go threough the fan, and you would hope the electric motor is well sealed, or you could get more combustion that you bargined for. Good luck! :wink:

good idea, might actually work...

i think i'm just going to stay out of the whole turbo/supercharger idea on pocket bikes all together

a $50 turbo as i mentioned would be a waste of time, have a look at some model r/c aircraft engines made by OS ENGINES they have some very powerfull 4 stroke engines that are super charged. remember these engines are made to suit the surge of power as a super or turbo when set right gives.

i know it's a waste of time that's why i'm not doing it

i said it might work but personally, i wouldn't waste the time or money trying to get it to work

Extreme Marine Concepts said:
Being a 4 stroke, there "may" be something there. If you could fit the carby in front of the fan, so that it draws the air through it rather than blow, you may find it will be a lot easier to tune. If you note, that is how most set ups in cars work. That means you would have fuel go threough the fan, and you would hope the electric motor is well sealed, or you could get more combustion that you bargined for. Good luck! :wink:

No, what your talking about is a draw through setup, this kind of forced induction has well and truly had its day and is not common at all, it just doese not work as well as having the carby after the turbo, you were right about it being easier to tune though, and it also does not need to have the fuel pressure rise with boost.

I'm not sure how big the O.S. chargers are but if one could be mechanichally driven to pump 7 odd psi...

draw through would be the easyest, as too seel the carby off so you could run blow through would be harder cause the air would leak out and go out the accelerator cable/ draw through is used alot when turboing carbie cars over blow through, but both could be done.

This thread was from 2005, if you didn't know, lol

Latest posts

Back