turbo or supercharging pitbikes?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have seen elec turbos on e-bay you just press a button when you wont it to turn on but not sure how well they work

lol how bloody stupid electric start turbo ha, its a waste of time if you want your bike to go farster get a bigger engine it's that simple.

i rekon it can be done....by professionals not average joes......
if you where to do it. youde opt for a large capacity motor something like a 160cc + to get the volume of exhaust gas to drive the exhaust fan.
as for the turbo size, i invested in a rather small turbo some months ago, its still sitting in me shed brand new unused..

TurboZed.jpg

Supercharging is the easiest outcome of forced air induction on minibikes due to the fact you dont rely on small ammounts of exhaust gass to drive the compressor wheel, but the engines crank shaft.
Ive seen people use modified V8 water pumps to produce boost this way!

and using the 'blow through method' doesn't work without pressurizing the carby and richening it up due to the fact the carbys fuel delivery is bassed around a pressure drop to draw the fuel out of the float.....adding boost to this environment blows the fuel out and runs extremely lean and stalls.

IF you have the coin, buy the universal fuel injection kit ($4000) and u can run a blow through version without no hassles!

Last edited:
is that a td-o2? and where did you get it, new?

right! i got a lathe and a tiny mill... ima going to get some alloy soon and start looking at making a "rotary vane pump" style blower...always best to make something the right size...even the amr300 is overkill. and hassle someone with a book on "high speed diesel engines" whole section on forced induction.

just read this article on IHI RHB3 Turbo...
Blouch Turbo Inc. - Our performance turbo upgrades and rebuilds
It directly says it has been tested on a 110cc pocket bike but with "marginal results" (6-8psi maximum). but still i think 6-8psi would be plenty to produce some pretty staggering figures... Although to make some good power you may also need a High compression piston as this would make best use of the low boost. lol just a thought...

you wont want to run HC pistons with forced air induction....
firstly it decrease the engine capacity, vitally needed for more exhaust gas volume.
secondly the pressure of boost + high compression will lift the head pretty easily i rekon.

Using a HC piston doesnt decrease you engine capacity... And yeah usually you would go with a low compression piston and high boost but as we are unable to make high boost a HC piston would be the next best thing

how does it not? it fills up more of the cylinder with piston, compressing the fuel mixture more, thus sacrificing space for fuel mixture for more piston.

No you see. All a HC piston has a higher pin : piston top ratio so all it does is make the piston go higher in the cylinder

my bro had his orion 125 thumpstar turboed i have the turbo
its a small electric one and he reckoned u could feel the difference
they cheap too
so id go for it
if u want the extra power u may as well get a better carby intake and all that shit
but a turbo would help XD
oh and the bike ur gonna get for 400 well u wont get a 150 for 400
i dont think but if u do it aint gonna be the greatest quality
no matter wat u do to it it will probably always be slower than a better quality mso or pitpro

electric turbo..........where do i start....they arent bolt on HP, modifications need to be made, and hell if you think u can bolt one onto the carby where the air filter was....

the electric ones u speak of, cant even make the airflow that the engine breathes while its naturally aspirated, let alone making positive boost on top of that, the motors don't spin fast enough and the plastic compressor is so so inefficient for it to do so....

its me bros z50 motor lol, it was for a shits in giggles to put it on that motor.

:rolleyes: here we go again:p...why did i restart this thread?
listen to da bomb! he knows his shit:)

though did do a google on mini superchargers and found some tiny home made ones... like 30cc a revolution...thatll give you boost at 4X crank speed:)

Latest posts

Back